Solved - Just a little pats E to pats B info | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved Just a little pats E to pats B info

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.

Chris Cajun

Reaction score
City, State
Chesnee, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac
So just kinda slowly finishing up a 2000 explorer 5.0 into my 2001 sport trac job 2. As some of you may know the 5.0 ecu puts out a pulsed 12v output as the 2001 ST put out a ground to flash the theft light. What I have done ( was just going to wire a relay, but 12v wouldn’t even pulse a 30 amp relay coil. I had heard of a “ mod” but couldn’t find it, but may have an easier solution. All I did was wire a TIP31C transistor to do the switching. Pin1 (base) goes to the blue/green output from the pats module. Pin 2 ( collector) goes up to the theft light wire. You will already be up there anyway to move the ground from pin 8 to pin 16 to let the tach know it’s a v8. Just tap into the theft light wire and drop the wire down to the floor to be dealt with shortly. Lastly pin 3 ( emitter) goes to ground. I chose the ground black/white wire right on the pats module. I also found everything I needed at the obdII connector. Thats it. Now your factory theft light flashes as it once did.

F1A61C02-AE7B-40E2-80CE-90A54C707CB8.jpeg

9552A370-330D-49D2-A6BA-BE91D504CF95.jpeg

Back