• Register Today It's free!

Just a thought

TxEx03

Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage, Ak
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 XLT 4x4
Has anyone put a 6 speed manual trans in their explorer? If so how much and how difficult?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I really don't know much about transmissions other than I like shifting them but from my limited knowledge I think a mustang trans should bolt up to it.

I really don't know much about transmissions other than I like shifting them but from my limited knowledge I think a mustang trans should bolt up to it.

Yeah I miss having a manual, and I love me explorer. So I thought why not combine the two :) just testing the waters, that would be awesome if it were that easy!

Yeah I'm in the same boat learned to drive on a cooper s that is a go-kart with a stick shift and a big go pedal, I miss those days but love the X to much. Yeah I could be completely wrong but I hear that you need to bolt up like some solenoids or something to trick the computer into thinking you still have the cruddy auto box hooked up.

Yeah I'm in the same boat learned to drive on a cooper s that is a go-kart with a stick shift and a big go pedal, I miss those days but love the X to much. Yeah I could be completely wrong but I hear that you need to bolt up like some solenoids or something to trick the computer into thinking you still have the cruddy auto box hooked up.

Hummm

I still have mine. It was factory stock but the Ranger trans bolts straight on. I have heard of a few people doing it but I dont think they started a build thread.

I still have mine. It was factory stock but the Ranger trans bolts straight on. I have heard of a few people doing it but I dont think they started a build thread.

I wonder how hard it'd be...

Try it and make a thread :) not sure if the pedal assemblies are easy interchange from a ranger or older ex to a 3rd gen.

As far as the V8 Explorers go, the 99 F150 5.4l manual trans works for the Explorer I know of one person who has done it.

As far as the V8 Explorers go, the 99 F150 5.4l manual trans works for the Explorer I know of one person who has done it.

I have the V-6

i think the trans for the v-6 is the mazda M5od hd

Back