Just asking - Who would be up for a Spring Moab run? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just asking - Who would be up for a Spring Moab run?

AlaskanJack

Elite Cabin-Fever Captain
Reaction score
City, State
Centralia, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 , 93 & 01 Sports
I can't make this Moab or Truckhaven. Winter runs are tough for me coming down from Alaska. I was just mentioning maybe a Spring Moab run and NotaJp mentioned interest in it.

So if we were to start planning on a Spring Moab run who would be interested and what would a good time be to plan it. Considering when other groups amy have annual events there and such or weather.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep, I'm in. We should have Derrick on the road by that time also. Kurt, you ccould meet us in Idaho and we could all drive down together.

Now that wouldn't be a problem since I am fron So Oregon Originally and I would probably stop down there and say hi to people on my way.

Where exactly in Idaho are you guys? My family is in Medford, Or on I-5 about 20 miles from California border. I wouldn't have to through Burns Oregon and down that way towards Boise would I. Normally I would go to Susanville and then Reno and across.

Hey guys I go every spring and would love to go with you. If you go plan on me going too. I actualy try and go to Moab as many times as I can a year, its only like 3 hrs from my house :)

Kurt, sent you a PM. I am just south of Boise and Derrick is just south of me. You could pick up my Father-in-law in Medford on your way down. :) He wants to go really bad.

hvac, that sounds great. You'll have to let us know where the good camping spots are.

Hey the more the merrier(sp).

HMMM, you could grab me on your way thru portland ;) I hope I have gears in by the spring & rock sliders on. *crosses fingers*

That's awesome John, would love to wheel anyone from Oregon!

I'm always game. I'm 1.5 hours closer than Hvac so its not like I can't make it there.

How far is this from Tucson??
Sounds like fun.
Now that I have 4.56's and an ARB and a Lock Right, I should be good to go!!

Originally posted by Blaine122300
How far is this from Tucson??
Sounds like fun.
Now that I have 4.56's and an ARB and a Lock Right, I should be good to go!!

A heck of a lot closer than Alaska!!!!!!

I'd be interested. I was planning on going to the EJS but I'm not into huge crowds. I need to do some work to the ole X. It sits way to low to the ground. Hopefully it will grow over the winter.

I am definitely interested. I just cancelled out of the fall run so I need to make it up. Spring would be great.

Sweet. I am glad there is so much interest. It is just too difficult for me to make a trip down as close to winter as the current run and Truckhaven. Besides I too am without axles. Well not without, just not in yet and will have the winter to get it completed.

Originally posted by Jefe
Count me in
Ditto for me!
(any excuse to go!)

Originally posted by Brother_of_Jefe
Ditto for me!
(any excuse to go!)

Ah wait a minute! Aren't you the guy still looking for his "Rear -Front tire"? Driving a Jeep! We might have to say NO! to you.............. hehehehe :p :D

Just kidding!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back