Just bought a '00 XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just bought a '00 XLT

Hey there. My name is Ian, and I live right outside of Nashville, TN. I just joined the forum after I saw this thread about finding your keypad code. The dealership was going to charge me $80 to get the code for me, and I found it in a matter of seconds. Right away I'm liking this forum :thumbsup:

Nuff said. Here is my '00 Explorer XLT. Just bought it a few days ago for $4400.
This beauty came with only 106,000 miles.
100_1851.jpg

100_1848.jpg

100_1847.jpg

100_1846.jpg

100_1849.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. I'm really excited about this Explorer, shes a beauty. Only thing I'm concerned about is I'm hearing the front end make a creaking noise when I turn the wheel, while parked mainly. Anyone have any ideas on this?

I don't want to do much to customize this, but I will put on some custom head/tail lights and a new grill possibly. I'm content with the outside, but I'd like to customize my interior. Let me know any ideas, thanks!

Ian, that's a really nice, straight Ex. Welcome to the forum!

:thumbsup: on the keypad number solution! Lots of info here to help you figure out and fix the nuances and Explorer gremlins as they crop up. :D

Mods? Opinions get strong here, just remember- it's your truck. :)

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Just got off the phone with my buddy who owns a car audio shop, within the next week I am installing two 10 inch subwoofers, a power amp, and new speakers all the way around.

I'm more than likely changing out the stereo too, the stock system is pretty horrible.

Welcome. Enjoy your stay and get ready to get bitten by the mod bug. :)

nice x u got there

Back