Just bought a 2003 Ranger Edge | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just bought a 2003 Ranger Edge

Ever since before I got my license, I had wanted a truck, but I ended up with the explorer, which after driving it, I am glad I did, but I still wanted a truck. Good deals on trucks came and went as took too long to make a decision and after months of searching, I finally found one that I am pretty happy with.

2003 Ford Ranger Edge Reg. Cab
3.0L V6 2WD Automatic 6ft. bed
Sonic Blue exterior
Dark Graphite interior

Exterior
Alloy Wheels
Bedliner
Fog Lights
Tubular Side Steps
Silver Pin Striping
Trailer Hitch
Window Vent Visors

Interior
Split Bench Cloth Seats
Manual Door Locks
Crank Windows
Air Conditioning
6 CD changer, AM/FM stereo
Sliding, Tinted Rear Window

Future Plans
Remove side steps
Air Intake; K&N or MAC
Flowmaster exhaust
Cap
Undercoating
Turn Split Bech into a Bucket Seat
Install Molded Carpet

and here she is

P1010846.jpg

P1010848.jpg

P1010850.jpg

P1010851.jpg

P1010852.jpg

P1010853.jpg

P1010855.jpg

And as of now, I plan to herculine the bed and other parts of the truck.

That's a good looking Ranger!

nice ranger u plan on doing mods to it

Thanks. I just herculined the bed as one of my mods. I am very happy with the results.

I am not too sure of other mods yet, but a couple of things I would like to do is possibly add power door locks, keyless entry, make the steering wheel tilt, and maybe power windows. I am too used to having those conveinences and it's hard living without them. I want to get a cap for the bed, but I need to save up first. I may also try to improve the mileage because it so far seems to be getting worse mpg than my explorer that weighs more and has a bigger engine. We'll just have to see

My latest updates - I removed the black tubular side steps, I added a trailer hitch rated for 5,000 lbs, and I bought a roll-up tonneau cover until when I want to buy a cap.

A quick review on the herculiner - It's not as strong as I would like it to be and has already been scraped off in a few places. It's also a little rough.

When Spring rolls around and it warms up, I think I will add a couple coats of rustoleum's bedliner to make it thicker. The rustoleum bedliner has more liquid than pieces of rubber like herculiner, so my hope is that the combination of the two will be best.

I also plan on using the Rustoleum bedliner as an undercoating for both the ranger and explorer. The ranger has a little surface rust underneath and the road salt is continuing to corode it away, so I would like to put it to an end.

In update to my previous post - I am not going to add power windows, door locks, keyless entry, and a tilt wheel. I have gotten used the to plain and simple with the truck and would rather not go through the hassle.

Back