just bought a sport trac today and need help with a few questions! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

just bought a sport trac today and need help with a few questions!

sethsport

Reaction score
City, State
cocoa beach fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 sporttrac xlt 4x4
like I said I just bought a 2003 sport trac xlt 4x4. I have a few questions and hopefully yall can help me.

first, the back window to the left of the slider is fractured and several window repair places have told me the entire back needs to be replaced and its going to be a little over 500$ is this true, the entire back needs replaced???

secondly, my brake lights and turn signals wont work, my hazards work fine, no other lighting issues whatsoever. I don't have the manual so I don't have a fuse diagram so if someone can tell me which one it is and what amp it should be thatd be a start. I did some research and it said it was #23 and supposed to be a 15 amp so I checked the panel and there was a 7.5 and it didn't look all that great so hopefully that's all it is but If could get a confirmation on that info thatd be cool. but any other info or tricktips on what else could be the problem thatd be great!!!!

thank you all in advance, hope I can figure this out...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks for the help, turns out its not #23 and its #16 . so ill take a look at that.
its funny you say that about the steering tilt because when I test drove it it was in the higher position and if the signals weren't working I think I would've noticed that. but literally one of the first tings I did when I drove it off the lot was tilt the steering down. that could be it as well. that's a strange problem but I guess it is what it is, short wiring? weird...

also, I see youre in Oahu. I grew up there. lived in Haleiwa, Hickam afb,pearl city, kahala. would love to move back sometime. Im a solar technician installing pool systems, hot water systems, electric systems, heat pumps, attic fans, etc. know of any companies that need some techs? lol.

hahah holy ****, I just went outside and put the steering wheel all the way up and everything works perfectly now. haha that's so weird.... thank you!

The wiring to the switch it too short and tightens up and pulls on individual wires as you have learned. You may be able to get a few millimeters of relief if you go in and tug back on the harness.

Back