Just Brainstorming Here, Raptor Grille? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just Brainstorming Here, Raptor Grille?

TmacTrac

Reaction score
City, State
South Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Sport Trac 4x4
Just doing a little brainstorming here, and I got to wondering how a Ford Raptor grille would look on a Sport Trac. I'm sure it would look mean as ever, but would it be possible to cut down to size to fit? Or at least make the lettering fit somehow? Or would it be possible to take the FORD lettering and fit it into some kind of custom billet grille? I think the Raptor grille is still a lot longer than ours. Just wondering, any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ahh, so it would be a whole front end swap?

Keep the ST grille and maybe make some F.O.R.D. letters out of fiberglass, cut out the center section of the grille and make it look like it belongs. I'm not a fan of the aftermerket Raptor front ends, jmo.

On side note, I have been asked by plenty of people if my ST was an early model Raptor. I do have the three L.E.D.'s in the grille like the Raptor does but that was something I did on my '98 S-10 LONG before the Raptor was designed. I decided to put them into my ST.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'm not a fan of the aftermerket Raptor front ends, jmo.

I'm not a fan of the Raptor grille period, but that's just me. When the Raptor was released, the grill was my only objection. I mean, I like Ford and all, but damn!

@Rebel, where do you get all your cab lights and such? Ive been looking around and all the places I've looked at seem kinda sketchy like the lights are cheap and wouldnt last long. This summer after my huge audio renovation Im doing lights

On side note, I have been asked by plenty of people if my ST was an early model Raptor. I do have the three L.E.D.'s in the grille like the Raptor does but that was something I did on my '98 S-10 LONG before the Raptor was designed. I decided to put them into my ST.

Yeah, I thought about you and your trac when I thought of this. I don't like those conversion kits either, though. Oh well, my grille will probably be staying on, I might get a billet grille later on. But I love the way your lights look on your truck BTW. It looks sick in the dark. :thumbsup:

Ya, I can def. see how your trac can be confused with an early raptor Rebel. You should do Fox coil overs in the front too to really mess with people :) haha

Ya, I can def. see how your trac can be confused with an early raptor Rebel. You should do Fox coil overs in the front too to really mess with people :) haha

A little de-badging, and a custom grille, have everyone confused haha.

could start quite the automotive scandal :p

Car and Driver
"Secret Raptor Prototype from 2003"

^^looks crooked on a 3rd gen too

@Rebel, I made the headline up lol. Just thought if you debadged Im sure out there someone would believe it :)

And No I wont copy it entirely... By the time I end up doing that I should have a billit grille. And I wont have the ones on top like you have either. I wanna mount 3 behind the grille like you have, then 2 on the left and right grille parts so 5 up front total, and they will have strobes right under them... Ill do my best to not copy!

LOL, that's cool. if you wanna do strobes and five lights in the grille then you'll wanna get smaller round lights to fit in the side openings.

The only badge/ emblem on my truck is on my tailgate and most of that is hidden by the swing out tire carrier.

Ya. I'll do my best to put my own spin on it and make it my own. Ive wanted to add cab lights or something like them for awhile now, I may not even do the lights behind the grille! who knows... Another idea Ive thrown around is some floods mounted behind the back bumper and some holes cut out for a bright reverse light. Instead of mounting on a hitch or something... I guess it all boils down to how much time I get this summer :)

Back