• Register Today It's free!

Just brought home a new Explorer

Bryceb

Reaction score
City, State
Acworth, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited AWD
Hi everyone. Seems I have soft spot in my heart and Green Fords tend to follow me home. This makes 3 for me. '84 Bronco II (the trail rig) '01 F-250 (the tow beast) and, our newest edition, '13 Explorer Limited with 301a, Tow Package, Dual Panel Moon Roof, BLIS and All-weather mats. I traded in a Mazda3 hatch that i really enjoyed, but just didn't fit our family. My Wife has a '07 Edge, but she went for the Copper Metallic orange.

Looks like I've got some reading (the manual and ths forum) and playing with all the electronic doo-dads in the Explorer ahead if me fir the weekend.

Here's the crappy cell phone picture so nobody responds eith "ths post is worthless without pics";)
752af6a0d21056d6bcfa4b1026fbecae.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi everyone. Seems I have soft spot in my heart and Green Fords tend to follow me home. This makes 3 for me. '84 Bronco II (the trail rig) '01 F-250 (the tow beast) and, our newest edition, '13 Explorer Limited with 301a, Tow Package, Dual Panel Moon Roof, BLIS and All-weather mats. I traded in a Mazda3 hatch that i really enjoyed, but just didn't fit our family. My Wife has a '07 Edge, but she went for the Copper Metallic orange.

Looks like I've got some reading (the manual and ths forum) and playing with all the electronic doo-dads in the Explorer ahead if me fir the weekend.
Welcome to the Forum Bryceb.:wavey:
Nice looking Explorer you have there and thanks for the picture. I hope you will enjoy it for years to come. There certainly is much to read about in that manual and the other thing is that you have to be able to remember it all.;)
After almost 2 years, I still am picking up the odd new thing.
I see you have the 2013 Limited, it would be helpful if you added that to your vehicle specs so it would show in the left margin. That would help fellow members in addressing any questions/concerns you may have later on. Some answers are specific to only certain models.
Happy motoring.

Peter

Welcome and a great looking ride.:thumbsup:

I'm so glad I work in IT after fiddling with the electronics. Verify my MFT/Sync software versions. Then it wouldn't read text messages to me from my iPhone (had to reboot the system with delayed reboot app)... Then just messing with it. I cant imagine my folks with this, but they have had it since the first current gens came out. (All the same except for color and I one upped them with BLIS)

Tomorrow, I'll give it a real detailing inside and out since the dealer prep was sloppy. It'll be around 70 in Atlanta tomorrow. Sounds like a good use of a Sunday Afternoon.

Back