• Register Today It's free!

Just brought home new Explorer!

scarpi

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix AZ.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT 4wd
Well I finally added to my Ford stable. Yesterday I bought a new 2015 Explorer XLT 4x4. Ingot Silver/Light Stone. Had a whole 5 miles on it. Went to the dealer thinking I was going to have to order a 2016 due to the options I wanted on it but low and behold in his back lot he had a new 2015 with everything I wanted on it. It even was the right color. So I bought it on the spot. Actually I really like the look of the front of the 2015. I traded in my dreaded 2014 Jeep Cherokee with the problematic nine speed transmission. I was glad to see it go even though it only had about 6,300 miles on it. Very problematic vehicle with the high tech nine speed. I love the way my Explorer with the six speed shifts and drives. Thank you Ford! :salute: So my Mustang has a stable mate now.

Congratulations scarpi! Welcome to the club. I wish you many many miles of happiness.

Any pics yet?

Well I finally added to my Ford stable. Yesterday I bought a new 2015 Explorer XLT 4x4. Ingot Silver/Light Stone. Had a whole 5 miles on it. Went to the dealer thinking I was going to have to order a 2016 due to the options I wanted on it but low and behold in his back lot he had a new 2015 with everything I wanted on it. It even was the right color. So I bought it on the spot. Actually I really like the look of the front of the 2015. I traded in my dreaded 2014 Jeep Cherokee with the problematic nine speed transmission. I was glad to see it go even though it only had about 6,300 miles on it. Very problematic vehicle with the high tech nine speed. I love the way my Explorer with the six speed shifts and drives. Thank you Ford! :salute: So my Mustang has a stable mate now.

Congrats on your new ride! Feel free to post some photos. Yeah those Cherokee's have really gone downhill. So sad. What motor does your XLT have?

Thanks guys. We love our new Explorer. After I give it its first bath today I'll post some pictures. It has the 3.5L V6. It was built in March of this year. I also got the class III trailer tow package. It is so nice to be back in a larger SUV. The Cherokee was just too small for my wife and I and our dog traveling. And yes I did originally like the Cherokee but the new drivetrain in those vehicles is really bad at times. It was like the engine (3.2L V6) and the nine speed didn't get along together. But that is now in my past and we're now a two Ford family. But as I sit here typing this morning my wife took it shopping. I was kidding her that I'm glad we have the back up camera and the rear sensors. LOL. Take care all.

Back