Just filed complaint with NHTSA about body mount bushings | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just filed complaint with NHTSA about body mount bushings

moffettmobile

Reaction score
City, State
Mobile, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Sport trac
I'm sorry but I don't get why numerous inquiries to Ford have resulted in ZERO responses. Also will be considering class action suit for this defect.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where I live the brake pads on my car last longer than any rubber bushing will. My 99 grand cherokee is getting its 3rd set of bushings this winter and I had to park my aerostar until I get time to make the bushings ford no longer sells for it. Polyurethane bushings are available for your vehicle.

Well the 2001 to 2005 Sport trac bushings under the cab were never rubber of any type at anytime. These bushings were made of who knows what. Looked at my fathers 2005 F150 and its bushings are perfectly fine with 180,000 miles, almost 60,000 more than mine and it has been up north in many salty road environments. Ford wants to play stupid and that is their option, but I, as a consumer who dropped a good bit of money 11 years ago on my truck with the expectation that they were selling me a decent and reliable truck, have betrayed me and other Ford owners trust. And I will do all I have to, to ensure other Sport trac owners don't have to shell out a small fortune on THEIR failure to use a non-defective part.

Well the 2001 to 2005 Sport trac bushings under the cab were never rubber of any type at anytime. These bushings were made of who knows what. Looked at my fathers 2005 F150 and its bushings are perfectly fine with 180,000 miles, almost 60,000 more than mine and it has been up north in many salty road environments. Ford wants to play stupid and that is their option, but I, as a consumer who dropped a good bit of money 11 years ago on my truck with the expectation that they were selling me a decent and reliable truck, have betrayed me and other Ford owners trust. And I will do all I have to, to ensure other Sport trac owners don't have to shell out a small fortune on THEIR failure to use a non-defective part.
From reading complaints online from other owners, average age of failure on those bushings is 8-10 years. The bushings look like foam to me. Ford must have known there was a problem cause the replacement bushings are of better quality.

I replaced my rotted body mounts with Prothane 6-116 neoprene bushings (under $100), They work great and should last forever. This is a well known fault and I did not consider it a big deal on a 15 year old vehicle. Even if Ford still sold replacement bushings I would not pay what they wanted for them and I'd rather have the neoprene.

Someone please close this thread.

This is nothing but someone fishing for comments to help roast Ford over a spit in court.

Back