JUST fkn wont start!

dbcouper1

Reaction score
City, State
white plains maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 xlt
HELP!
Wife came home from work just fine last night. Went out to move explorer and no dice. Last week I changed the upper intake manifold gasket, thermostat and pulley. for some reason the battery died, I swapped another battery into it and the next day it died too. I replaced the battery with a new one on Tuesday and today I go to move it and It wont even turn over. The starter isn't even clicking. I can hear nothing beyond the chimes and the fuel pump! I really need help with this one.

HELP!
Wife came home from work just fine last night. Went out to move explorer and no dice. Last week I changed the upper intake manifold gasket, thermostat and pulley. for some reason the battery died, I swapped another battery into it and the next day it died too. I replaced the battery with a new one on Tuesday and today I go to move it and It wont even turn over. The starter isn't even clicking. I can hear nothing beyond the chimes and the fuel pump! I really need help with this one.

You have something that is draining the battery even when it's off. Did you do any other work? Stereo? anything like that?

Is there a ceiling light clicked on? (although it would take a looooooong time for that to drain the battery)

x2 on what he said.

By "another battery" do u mean anther used battery that could be dead or a new battery?

It's a short somewhere draining the battery.

Back