Just Found Out I Won a $75,000 Lincoln Aviator! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just Found Out I Won a $75,000 Lincoln Aviator!

Nickr1

Reaction score
City, State
Marion, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator
Entered an Enfamil/Amazon sweepstakes and was contacted by judging agency and sponsor that I was the grand prize winner! Looking forward to getting it soon! I’ll let you know how I make out!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congratulations. Might need to start saving some cash, though. It cost my mom several thousand to keep the Trailblazer she won, and I think it was only 30k.

:popcorn:

Congratulations. Might need to start saving some cash, though. It cost my mom several thousand to keep the Trailblazer she won, and I think it was only 30k.

I too think he's just trolling, but you have a point. If you win something, the vendor sends you an IRS 1099 form for the retail cost of the item and deducts that amount as advertising from their taxes. Then you will have to pay income taxes on that amount at what ever rate you fall into at the time. A new Aviator would put most of us in the highest tax bracket, what is it, 38% now?

Oh, if you live in a State with Income Taxes, they'll want their share as well.

I too think he's just trolling, but you have a point. If you win something, the vendor sends you an IRS 1099 form for the retail cost of the item and deducts that amount as advertising from their taxes. Then you will have to pay income taxes on that amount at what ever rate you fall into at the time. A new Aviator would put most of us in the highest tax bracket, what is it, 38% now?

Dont think he is trolling....

Screenshot_20200129-175608_Chrome.jpg

On a side note, yes the taxes would suck but if one cant afford it, they can easily take out a low interest loan against the vehicle from a bank and pay it with that. Far cheaper then buying an Aviator lol.

With the issues so far with the 2020s, I’d sell it and find a leftover ‘19 ;)

I’d surely wait for a ‘21 of any vehicle Explorer based.

The problems to date seem to be mostly with the Explorer, not the Aviator.

Peter

Entered an Enfamil/Amazon sweepstakes and was contacted by judging agency and sponsor that I was the grand prize winner! Looking forward to getting it soon! I’ll let you know how I make out!
Congratulations !!!

Yep, already completed my preliminary 2019 tax return and added an additional $75K to see what the additional taxes would be on the prize. $23,000 federal and state (CT). Need to sell my 2014 Honda CRV and then maybe take out an auto loan for the balance. Drive it a year (never had a luxury vehicle in my life!) and then sell it or trade it back to the dealer for a smaller Lincoln and get another new car! Good problem to have! Thanks to all.

Congrats! Enjoy..................I won a vacuum once! Hooray oooh and I won a 8.8 diff cover at a EF raffle in Moab, yeah!!
Ill trade ya!

Nice!

A funny story....When I was 19 years old, I went to visit my (at that time) girlfriends grandmother in Virginia. At the time, Coca-Cola was giving away a brand new Ford Thunderbird. I want to say that it was an 83 model. I believe it was a promotion to announce the new design Thunderbird. Her grandmother always had the small 6oz bottles of Coke in her house, she bought them by the case. She didn't care if we drank them, but her rule was that if you did, when you finish, you must put the top back on. I grabbed one and opened it, and on the bottom of the top was a ford emblem and the words "Thunderbird". I was thinking at the time that it didn't really mean much until several days later when I saw a commercial on TV and it stated that if you opened up a coke, and looked under the cap and saw what I saw....then you won that new car!!!! It was too late.....granny had already returned that case of empties and got a new batch. I can't tell you how many times I have kicked myself over the years for that! lol

My dad won a 2007 Mustang acing a hole in a local golf tournament, Uncle Sam got his cut come tax time as it was viewed as "income."

Little known fact however, if you win a prize (cash or otherwise) valued over a certain amount (I'm sure number has gone up since then) you are recognized by the PGA and are also eligible to register on the PGA amateur tour for one year. Dad had his lucky day and decided not to push it.

I would have registered, I know for a fact I can whoop Tigers Woods at golf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(on a playstation)

Lol, fellow Cheshirite here. Congrats!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back