Just got a 2010 xlt 4x4 and joined the forum | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just got a 2010 xlt 4x4 and joined the forum

gch454

Reaction score
City, State
Houston
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer XLT 4x4
Hey,

New to the forum not new to Explorers, first car was an '03 EX and since then (7 years) I had a couple sedans that I was driving. I decided I needed to be sitting higher on the road and liked the comfort and space of an SUV. Explorers have always been my favorite so the decision wasnt that hard to make. Found a really nice one...2010 black XLT 4x4 with black leather interior and sunroof really happy about it.

Hoping to MOD it as soon as I can allocate some funds away from the new car purchase pretty soon. I have some questions about it though, I am thinking about getting a TRUXX suspension lift kit I saw thats 2.5' in the front and 1.25, in the back. I also want to replace the chrome grille with a black grille and put some BFG A/T 275/65 17's on there...I think its gonna look sick but would appreciate some advice from some members on the lifting aspect because this will be the first car I have ever lifted. Also what the difference in ride quality/safety will come with getting the A/T as compared to my current goodyear 245/65-17's I have now.

Back