Just got a 2012 Ford Explorer Limited, LOVE IT! Missing center console on second row | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just got a 2012 Ford Explorer Limited, LOVE IT! Missing center console on second row

joomlarocks

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2012 Ford Explorer limited, we are leasing and I only have 1 issue I bought one with buckets in the second row,thinking you could purchase a console from parts and apparently you cannot purchase these, if anyone is willing to sell theirs I would love to hear from you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats on the purchase, but I think someone is feeding you a hot load crap. I'm pretty sure you can order it! I wouldn't know where to direct you but, I'm sure someone will hop on here and guide you to it.

I don't get it. There's just a gap between the seats? I thought the center console was part of the package.

Oh wow. I see that now. Maybe time for one of those sweet wooden ones they put in the conversion vans? ;)

You can order the parts. Unfortunately it's about $900 in parts because you have to build the console piece by piece.

The console is a $100 option when building the Explorer. Ford figured some people would want the pass-thru to the third row area, and some on here actually do.

I personally ordered the console.

I have not read of anybody actually installing it after the fact but I have read $500 - $800 for the console through the parts department.

Like stated above, they may have to piece it together rather than being able to just orer it as one part.

The console is a $100 option when building the Explorer. Ford figured some people would want the pass-thru to the third row area, and some on here actually do.

I have not read of anybody actually installing it after the fact but I have read $500 - $800 for the console through the parts department.

Like stated above, they may have to piece it together rather than being able to just orer it as one part.

In case you haven't noticed, there are no center (inboard)armrests with the buckets...bummer.

I don't know where to get used/salvaged parts, but that may be cheaper than a "new" part.

I owned a Flex with no console for two years. I tried EVERYTHING and was never able to get one. Your best bet is Ebay. Go there and go often because when one comes available, it's one in 10 seconds.

Don't bother with a salvage yard. I tried many of them on a regular basis. Never got anywhere there. A couple of them told me they would call me if they got one. They never did.

Me TOO

I bought a used 2011 Explorer Limited and it didnt have the center console. I would like to get one too. Let me know what solution you find.

Dana

Also- message the guys listing wrecked cars on eBay to see if they have the part in the car even if they aren't listing them for sale. Scored parts that way before. There is an '09 Flex in California on eBay being scrapped right now.

Could you share where you saw these prices quoted out?

Our 12x has finally landed... low and behold, no armrests. Is it just me are or armrests normally a standard part of captains chairs? I know they were on our Expedition. This was a custom ordered car, where we requested the console be added before it was built (thanks to tips on here about the missing arm rests), however they did not do it. I've made it clear to our salesman that he needs to figure an affordable way to get us a factory console or they can keep the car and we will order it elsewhere. There is no way I'm going to "Settle" when buying a $50k car. He is claiming his parts department is telling him that the dealer cost is just under $1400. I told him that was crap, that people on this forum were being told retail on the parts were $500 - $900.

Any experience anyone has had here with their parts department trying to get these console pieces and the pricing would be helpful.... Please include dealership name...

Thanks!

Ajar

Our 12x has finally landed... low and behold, no armrests. Is it just me are or armrests normally a standard part of captains chairs? I know they were on our Expedition. This was a custom ordered car, where we requested the console be added before it was built (thanks to tips on here about the missing arm rests), however they did not do it. I've made it clear to our salesman that he needs to figure an affordable way to get us a factory console or they can keep the car and we will order it elsewhere. There is no way I'm going to "Settle" when buying a $50k car. He is claiming his parts department is telling him that the dealer cost is just under $1400. I told him that was crap, that people on this forum were being told retail on the parts were $500 - $900.

Any experience anyone has had here with their parts department trying to get these console pieces and the pricing would be helpful.... Please include dealership name...

Thanks!

Ajar

Ford needs to step up and offer the console as a after purchase add-on for like 300 bucks. If you ordered it with the console and they didn't send it with one walk away and order again. The only problem with that is you will most likely get your new X in 13.

Ford needs to step up and offer the console as a after purchase add-on for like 300 bucks. If you ordered it with the console and they didn't send it with one walk away and order again. The only problem with that is you will most likely get your new X in 13.

I agree.... There are a lot of people ordering captains chairs expecting armrests and wanting easy rear cargo / seating access like us...however seeing there are no armrests we'd prefer a console over no armrests at all. Step it up Ford!

Armrest would be good

Thanks!

Ajar
The $100 is a true window sticker MSRP. The 500-$900 was something I read in other threads on this board and was just repeating.

There are Ford dealer that sell parts over the Internet and do a huge business from people ordering from them to save money. Try finding one of them.

Can anybody recommend a Ford dealer known for being a parts seller on over the Internet?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The GM Lambdas, captains chairs, all have flip up armrests w. or w/o consoles. However the console sticks up above the floor height, so you really don't get a truly flat area behind the 1st row. On the Traverse the lid fips back giving a flat floor. Not sure if the Explorer console is flat with folded seats.

Back