• Register Today It's free!

Just got an 86 F150

audiodude332001

Reaction score
City, State
Eau Claire,WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 explorer 5.0
Hey everyone. I sold my explorer on 11/4, and yesterday I bought a new truck. It's an 86 F150. I was looking for a truck that I could drive this winter, and something I could use in the mud this summer. I found it. 86 F150-Fuel injected Windsor 302, 4 speed manual, manual T-case, regular cab/long box, roll bar, dual tanks. Its got no lift right now and is on 33's. Im putting a body lift on it tommorow.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So you couldn't accomplish this with an X?

huskyfan23 said:
So you couldn't accomplish this with an X?

I could have, I really loved that truck. I sold it to pay a fine of $600; then I still had enough money to buy this truck for $800

sweet!!!

post some pics when you get a chance :)

snocross1985 said:
post some pics when you get a chance :)

I 2nd that! :D

I got the body lift all finished up today and the truck looks huge. I will try to get some pictures tommorow.

If it's in good shape, that sounds like a helluva deal! And 33's w/ no lift! Sweet!

j602 said:
If it's in good shape, that sounds like a helluva deal! And 33's w/ no lift! Sweet!

Its got alot of rust on it, and the whole outside is spraypainted black. I was just looking for something to mod this winter for the trails next summer.

got some pictures!!
217604598JKJqMg_ph.jpg

217605477KhevnB_ph.jpg

217606693ELniew_ph.jpg

let me know what you think

audiodude332001 said:
I could have, I really loved that truck. I sold it to pay a fine of $600; then I still had enough money to buy this truck for $800
Ahhhhhh, you're the fine person :D Good job, would've never thought of selling my X, though that's a pretty low price. Truck looks nice!

huskyfan23 said:
Ahhhhhh, you're the fine person :D Good job, would've never thought of selling my X, though that's a pretty low price. Truck looks nice!

Believe me, it was not easy for me to sell my X just so I could pay a fine

What are your plans for it. Are you going to make it a trail rig or is it going to be your DD??

79F150 said:
What are your plans for it. Are you going to make it a trail rig or is it going to be your DD??

It gonna be my trail rig, and I will drive it on the road sometimes

That is what my 79 is weekend truck/trail rig. :thumbsup:

I got some new pics of the truck with a 3" body lift, and a 3" suspension lift on it. Its only got 33's on it for now. Let me know what you think.

225437015TgYwqB_ph.jpg

The tiny 33's:
225438829HxSaWo_ph.jpg

My 92 Explorer bucket seat conversion:
225439477EaGoKq_ph.jpg

Damn, that's huge. I say get rid of that mismatched set of 33's and go for some nice 35's. And get rid of that fugly steering wheel cover. :p

j602 said:
Damn, that's huge. I say get rid of that mismatched set of 33's and go for some nice 35's. And get rid of that fugly steering wheel cover. :p

I know its huge. I am planning on getting 35's or 38's. I can fit 38's with minimal trimming.

what gears are in it now, don't you think it would be REALLY sluggish with stock gears and 38s??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bmxking5 said:
what gears are in it now, don't you think it would be REALLY sluggish with stock gears and 38s??

I have no idea what gears are in it right now. They are really low though, cause I can easily spin the **** out of the 33's.

Back