Just got into my first WHOOPS while owning the Trac. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just got into my first WHOOPS while owning the Trac.

Sorry no pictures not really any damage to the truck (i hope i'm gonna look at the underside tomorrow) but the bushes and srubs I hit got DESTORYED! anyway so i'm leaving my girlfriends house to go home and I get on 100 than i take the exit to go onto Richie Hwy (for all my marylanders). I got some ******** riding my ass on the exit (very sharp U turn type exit) cause im going 15mph (exit speed limit is 25mph but it had been raining all day) im taking it nice and slow then i go to speed up coming onto richie. I feel the end of my truck start to fish tail badly cause it was so wet (only 2WD) so i try to stop it and put pressure on the brakes but by this time im sideways sliding into the ditch inbetween traffic lanes i slam right into alot of strubs and bushes. I thought for a second i **** myself (never being in an accident before) I turn the truck off screaming and being pissed off and the thing that pissed me off is the truck that was behind me saw the whole thing and kept driving like a ******** THAT is what makes me hate most the human race cause if that was me seeing someone skid off the road i would of stopped and made sure they were ok. so i get on the phone to call my father so he could help me out and he said he was on his way (he comes to help but totally forgot the tow straps :confused: ) so i'm sitting there waiting for the cops to stop and see if i'm ok and i see atleast 3 cop cars drive right by me! none stopped that also pissed me off at this point. My friend jen and her husband mark drive by and stop to see if im ok which i am and im on the phone with my girl and she is now on her way even tho i told her i was ok (she has to get up for work in 6hrs and was rear ended about 2 days ago) so we are trying to get me out of the mud (pointless it had been raining all day and the tire was almost half way up with mud) at this point im like #### it let it sit here and die i hate 2wd. Than 2 cop cars drive up and im like great im gonna get ####ed with a **** load of bills for tearing the **** outta all these bushes by the county but thank god its a regular at my local starbucks (i'm a shift supervisor there) he is so cool and wants to help me so him and this other cop john are helpping me try to get the truck out after about 45mins of "rocking" the truck into drive and reverse and hiking the truck up under 2X4s with a lift and cardboard and even a construction cone :) under the tire i finally get unstuck THANK GOD! i totally forgot i was about 1foot from the steel medium wall and about 4feet from incoming traffic (thank god i didnt slide into that) but thank god it was officer chaz on duty that night he is the nicest cop i have ever met and i'm so greatful to him and officer john for helpping me out. The cool thing is i didnt even have to fill out an incident report form they just told me to be careful and drove off thank god cause with only $300 to my name i couldnt take the state ####ing me with bills for stupid ass bushes. Sorry for no pictures i was shook up anuff i could barely talk let alone say "dad bring the camera i gotta take pictures of this for all the guys on explorerforum" :) so in short....i didnt **** myself i took it like a man :D if i missed something its because i'm hoping i didnt #### up my truck and i'm worried about that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow glad you are ok, sounds like you have a fun time :) . It makes it a little easier if there is more periods too ;) . I counted 48 and's hahah

ions said:
i could barely talk let alone say "dad bring the camera i gotta take pictures of this for all the guys on explorerforum"

Priorities, man! You've let us all down. ;)

Glad you're OK, sounds miserable. Hope the truck is fine.

ions said:
I feel the end of my truck start to fish tail badly cause it was so wet (only 2WD) so i try to stop it and put pressure on the brakes but by this time im sideways sliding into the ditch inbetween traffic lanes i slam right into alot of strubs and bushes.

WEEEEEEEEEEE, sounded like a good time. :p If you start to slide don't ever hit the brakes, it will only make things worse. All you can do is steer. And sometimes popping it into neutral will help by removing all torque from the wheels.

Sounds like you needed 4WD. :D Contact me in PM and I'll give you my number.. I'm right off of 100 on the Howard County side so I'm only a stone's throw away and have tons of recovery gear including a new Warn XD9000i winch that is waiting to go in.

I know that exit very well.

Well not as well as you do now ;)

Lemmie know if you need any help with the Ex

IONS
You gotta stay out of the old mans liquer cabinet:)

MONMIX said:
I know that exit very well.

If you go by it anytime soon look at it ha. I went back and took some pictures but it was at night and can't see much in them been working alot of days so no chance to get good day time photo's plus that part of richie is busy on the weekends.

that sucks man good thing you and your rig are alot, fish tailin in explorer isnt hard at all when it rains

S.Ts= worst rollover rate in the industry, your lucky

Well since this semi-accident i've been looking into LSD and wondering if thats a good route to take? and if so which companies make the best? i've seen Eaton LSD and they seem pretty good any complaints? Praises? I really don't wanna sell the truck i love it so much but having 4WD would be wonderful for the winter. I have a 4WD truck (Nissan Frontier) but my dad has been using that lately since his car has been having tranny issues.

Back