just got my new fender flares (PAINT) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

just got my new fender flares (PAINT)

sapogmxr

!!Drink Beer in Jersey!!
Reaction score
City, State
Edison, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Explorer XLT
I just got a great deall on fender flares. Brand new OEM for $10.00. I have a red truck with alot of chrome. The flares came in ugly tan color. They dont match at all. I want them to look like black plastic. What do you guys sudggest i do to make them like this. I was thinking flat black spray paint, or should i use that wrinkle paint. And if so should i use Herculiner. Or should i paint them the color of the truck? Here is a pic of my truck in its current state.
317999_17_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for replying black magic. check out the finished product in the before and after.

where do u get it for $10? i want a set.

there was a seller that was selling like 10 sets of them. I just looked and i dont see them anymore. I guess they got all bought up. $10 +$10 shipping. It was a great deall!!!

Bumper black rattle can from Autozone will give you the rugged flat black color you are looking for. But I agree with BM, body color would look sweeter. :)

Back