Just had to post this... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just had to post this...

You can't finish a bumper and bondo it to the truck before you put it on.

Just sayin'. Not sure where you're coming from.

This is just like some of those ricers, that put the body kit on and never paint it, you should just paint the bumpers, side skirts, etc, and then you put the body kit on. I'd go out to the JY and get another set of bumpers do the body kit stuff to that so my X can look normal until I finish the job, then put on the new bumpers. :)
Or....
You just dont do it... Not sure where youre coming from.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

icecube- More likely it's his/her daily driver and that's why it's being driven and not finished. In other words, a work in progress;) But to say it should set in the garage until completely done shouldn't really matter, and being that it has a lot of work/time put into it, he/she probably wants to show it off.

As I said, it's not my taste, but I wouldn't mind seeing the finished product.

icecube- More likely it's his/her daily driver and that's why it's being driven and not finished. In other words, a work in progress;) .. to say it should set in the garage until completely done shouldn't really matter
x2 - plenty of people put stuff on before the piece is 100% finish - thats just how some people operate due to factors like work space, time, resources, and so on. At the very least, this guy getting his hands dirty, and that, in the end, is worth more than just buying something that looks pretty and bolting it on.

I knew what bradr meant. I meant the dont know where youre coming from kind of as a joke, I should have made it more clear. I do understand the daily driver bit, some people aren't like me with another explorer at my disposal.

In the end; I don't like it, but if whoever owns it, is proud of their work, then I wont complain.

Since this is a thread about "body kits" here is a picture I took of a local ride:(
Someone was in a hurry and didn't really care, last I saw the bumper was back to stock.

Image136.jpg

Image091.jpg

That looks like a mustang's bumper?

Well I'm not a big fan of the current body work in progress, but we don't know the whole story. It would be interested to see how it comes out in the end. Who knows it come end up looking cool :dunno:

That looks like a mustang's bumper?

It is. They just cut it off and screwed it over the factory Eplorer bumper(see the screws:D) I remember first seeing this when it was wheels only, grill and had a few stickers. I though it was nice! But over time more things from JCWhitney have made their way onto it:(

But to each their own!

Hey...it may look bad now, but who knows it could look really good when hes all done. Now if its a 4X4 X then we might have a problem.

Back