• Register Today It's free!

Just heat

Doug 66

Reaction score
City, State
hudson ill.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 explorer
I have an 02 explorer and all I get is heat out of the vents . Ive opened the glove box door and saw the actuaters working and moving the blend door ,so I have no idea what the problem is.

Do you here any clicking behind the dash when you change the Temp Control Knob?

Do you have manual or automatic climate control?

I have manual controls with no clicking behind the temp control knob. I do have the clicking in the back of the truck though

I have manual controls with no clicking behind the temp control knob. I do have the clicking in the back of the truck though

Do you have "rear heat" along with temp controls for the rear seats? If you do, you could have a bad"rear blend door actuator" for the rear heat, even though the front blend door actuator is working fine. The clicking noise you hear is usually from a bad blend door actuator. There are past posts in here on how to replace the rear blend door actuator as well as the front one. Just use the search box at the top of the forum and type a question related to that issue into the box and include your year Explorer and engine size into the question. The system will pull up past posts according to what you type into your question.

Back