Just installed my new Sub...

TEdwards

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Eddie Bauer v8
Just installed my new Sub Pics...

I purchased an Audiobahn 12" Ported Tube ($79.99) and a BOSS "RIOT" 400W Amp ($102.99) just to add a little more bass to compliment my new head unit, a Kenwood KDC-MP8017 MP3 layer. I am very pleased with the sound from this setup. I listen mostly to Rock, and I can turn my Radio up as loud as I want, and not hear hardly any distortion.

I thought I would share this with everyone, so that someone wanting to add more bass and not spend a *whole* lot of money can do so with nice results. I also like the ability to pull my sub out quickly if I need the cargo space.

I purchased the Amp & Sub from www.CarDiscountStereos.com and the H/U from Crutchfield. Total invested- ~$450.00.

Here is where I mounted the AMP, in the old Sub location. I am going to get 2 PC Case fans, and wire them to circulate some air through the stock sub grille:

Dead Link Removed

And here is what everything looks like ready to Rock:

Dead Link Removed

Thanks to everyone that helped me with my decisions in the last weeks. Hopefully this will help someone in the same situation.

Tom

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks nice - isn't it sick what you can accomplish for not a ton of money?

How does the Audiobahn tube sound? I listened to some bazooka tubes before and they sound really boomy...

It sounds a lot better than a Bazooka. In fact, I have a 8" Amplified Bazooka, and the Audiobahn sounds 100 times better. I think the Bazooka's sound "boomy" because of the Speaker sizes. Come on, who honestly expects crisp bass out of a 6" and 8" driver? ;)

looks good. and if you ever need to haul something, you can just disconnect the subwoofer.

Looks good but I have one question. How you keep that big tube from rolling all over the back of the truck?

Originally posted by icon34
Looks good but I have one question. How you keep that big tube from rolling all over the back of the truck?

Drive really really slow :p

I like that setup..Especially the ability to take it out whenever you need to. Looks like a really good installation too. Congrats!

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Once I decided which orientation sounded the best, I installed the 2 straps that came with the tube to hold it in place.

And yes, I love the fact that I can take it right out, and have full use of my cargo area.

Just curious, why would you go this rout rather than an enclosed sub such as the MTX ? Sure you can take yours out byr when you do you have no sub,

Thanks....

Because I have heard an MTX built in, and did not care for the SQ from it. Plus, the Audiobahn was $80.00, for the sub & enclosure.

Back