Just installed Warrior 153, didnt do much | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just installed Warrior 153, didnt do much

rhyno

Reaction score
City, State
Potomac, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 EB
I am a little bit disapointed in the shackles I installed last night. I was not expecting anything incredible, but all it really did was screw up my air ride system. There is no way I could do any amount of tortion twist up front, or the truck would be leaning backwards. It still looks to be dragging its behind a bit when you look from the side. I may take them off if I can not get the air ride to work, since that actually gives me more lift when i turn on the 4 wheel drive.

If I remember correctly, there is a ride height sensor for the air ride that you have to re-locate when you put extended shackles. Do a search for it. I vaguely remember reading about it somewhere on here.

Thanks. I will try and get under the X tonight to try and find this ride height sensor. Does anyone have any ideas as to what exactly I should be looking for or where it might be located?

sensors

yah i just adjusted my sensors a week ago. there is actually two. one bolted on to the lower arm and the frame next to the front left wheel. its a cylinder shape thats mounted vertical with a wire coming out of the top of it. once u locate this, u can see it in the wheel well if u crank the steering all the way to the right, u'll know what to look for in finding the second one. the one u want to adjust in ur situation. the second one is in the rear of ur X. if u lay under the X, its about a foot away from the spare tire toward the front of the X. its exactly the same kind of sensor except oriented differently. in ur case ull probobly need to shorten the arm that the bottom of the sensor is hooked up to.

Back