just noticed my wheels are all damaged | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

just noticed my wheels are all damaged

harlenm

Reaction score
City, State
Shelton, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Limited(lemon swap)
Both passenger side wheels have gouges in them that the dealer(not sure if it was my dealer or the one that had the car first) attempted to repair. Didn't notice it at first because its been raining non stop since I got the car, and they are both on the passenger side. The driver's side wheels look to have some scratches and spots on them that gets better with polish, but not perfect. So in one week, I've found a tear in the leather , a malfunctioning sunroof, and now this.

Pictures are front passenger, rear passenger, and rear driver.

20121014_151243.jpg

20121014_153444.jpg

20121014_153759.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow, sorry to see that. I would push them to swap our the wheels, forget trying to fix them.....you need new ones.

I don't even know how something like this happens and is allowed by management to be sold to the consumer.

i learned my lesson a long time ago. never buy or pick up a car on a rainy day or at night. once you leave the lot it's really hard to prove you're not responsible for any damages. i hope your dealer is big on customer service.

Damaged Rims

Totally unacceptable on a new vehicle. The dealer, without question, should replace them.

Peter

Yea I'd go back. My dad bought an eclipse spyder new in 03 and had 3 sets of factory rims replaced at dealers cost due to chrome peeling. He finally have up and bought some aftermarket 18's

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not happy with even the drivers side wheels that are only slightly bad. I'm going to demand they replace all 4 or I'm going above their heads. I'm not playing games with Ford anymore. I'm tired of it, I've been doing it for too long.

Both passenger side wheels have gouges in them that the dealer(not sure if it was my dealer or the one that had the car first) attempted to repair. Didn't notice it at first because its been raining non stop since I got the car, and they are both on the passenger side. The driver's side wheels look to have some scratches and spots on them that gets better with polish, but not perfect. So in one week, I've found a tear in the leather , a malfunctioning sunroof, and now this.

I think I would be going over that Explorer with a fine tooth comb, it sounds like you swapped one lemon for another.

I think I would be going over that Explorer with a fine tooth comb, it sounds like you swapped one lemon for another.

MFT and Nav has been flawless in the first week(just jinxed myself!!)

Leather tear will be fixed, wheels will hopefully be replaced(spoke to them this morning), sunroof switches will be repaired.

Other than that, it appears to be fine. Paint seems to be in good shape(a few areas need some attention, but nothing I can't handle), MFT works, transmission and engine are smooth.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's just these three things. I think it's more an issue of scumbag dealerships trying to hide things. Trust me, if I had a choice, I wouldn't have gone to this dealer, but I didn't have a choice, I had to do what the state said.

the first picture looks like someone "tagged" a curb..
the second picture however, looks like someone used the "wrong" metal clamps on a tire machine to hold the wheel and not the plastic ones

Was this a new car ?!?

Wow ! good luck !

6 month resurrection?? Why?

oops - it showed up as new in my list ---

or I'm still not used to the color scheme on this forum :)

You didn't notice this when you picked it up? Is this the same side as the damaged door with the paint flaws?

Nothing more on this. Did they swap your wheels and fix the door and paint job? Never pick a vehicle up at night or during rain

Back