• Register Today It's free!

Just ordered a 2015 Limited

ericgus

Reaction score
City, State
mass
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford explorer
I just ordered a 2015 Ford Explorer Limited (my first built vehicle) this past Saturday and am looking forward in experiencing how this progresses through each phase.

I am doing this as a gift for my wife (in April) to replace an '02 Explorer XLT that is showing her age.

2015 Limited w/301a package and the dual panel roof/inflatable rear.

tuxedo black/black int.

We are going on a trip in April and I plan to spring it on her a couple days prior.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my first post here, and I apologize if this is rude / poor etiquette on this board.. but what did you pay for it?

I'm curious because I just got back from the dealership and my wife and I love the 2015 Limited (black/black), just like the one you bought. (Congrats, by the way!) But it didn't seem as competitive as I would have thought.

Dealership tried to offer us MSRP then we haggled a bit but it was confusing and I didn't waste either of our time trying to sort it out.

At one point they showed one total price, and said it was out the door: $50,165. Then when we were iffy on that and asked what that meant in monthly payments at 0% (which they basically offered contingent on the credit check), they said they'd offer $965/mo. for 60 months. Then we negotiated more and he asked me what I'd feel comfortable with, and I said closer to $900/mo. They came back and said they could do it for 66 months, which is going the wrong direction (with a little math!) Then again later offered $900/mo. for 66 months...a little quick math tells me that's going the wrong direction!

So, we thanked them for helping us narrow down our choice to the ford explorer and at this point it's a matter of new vs. used.

No worries.Building this online shows an msrp (w/destination charge) of 45.8k

Sales tax also brings up the above figure if you are financing that too.

Your suggested payment of 965 a month is not correct if you are figuring on 60 months @ 0% apr as the total comes out to 57.9k over the course of the loan.

45.8k x 9.5 California sales tax = $51,151, just about what they offered. Interesting.

Thanks. Think I'll have to wait and get lucky on a used limited.

No problem. Good luck and I hope you land what you are looking for at the right price.

I just purchased a 2015 Limited black/black for $44,000 out the door...doesn't have glass roof, but all other options.

Congrats on the purchase. I'm still waiting for mine to get shipped.

Congratulations

My wife and I just purchased the same Limited Black/Black with the chrome wheels. So excited about this vehicle and looking forward to many roadtrips to come. The dealer here in Texas was running a special that knocked a few thousand off this model on their showroom. The deal was too good to refuse.

Good luck and safe driving.

When did you say you ordered yours?? I ordered mine Dec 1st and it still hasn't been built yet

mine was ordered on Dec.27th, built on 2/05, and is awaiting shipment.

I have no idea why mine is taking so long

Also, I'm looking to finance about $38k on my new one, anybody have a general idea on how much the payments would be??

38000/60=633 a month if you are doing 5 years at 0% interest

Well that's not too bad, I saw the $900/mo above and got a little spooked

When did you say you ordered yours?? I ordered mine Dec 1st and it still hasn't been built yet

Plowboy, have you checked with your dealership or Crystal on this forum in regards to the status of your vehicle. If you ordered on Dec 1st it sure seems like it should have been built by now. My Sport took 9 weeks from order to delivery late last year.

Yes I checked with a Ford Service person, I commented on the Ford Explorer page on Facebook and they stepped in and looked into it for me. They said they are showing an April build and my dealer says they are showing March so I dunno who's right. I've tried using the VIN# to track it but it doesn't show up on the Ford ETIS site or on the window sticker lookup site yet.

Sure don't know what to say. Hang in there!

I am doing this as a gift for my wife (in April) to replace an '02 Explorer XLT that is showing her age.

That is called an ambiguous sentence. And, it is one that would get you into hot water...

:eek: :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I just got word that it's being scheduled to be built the week of April 20th, that'll be 21 weeks from the date of order, it doesn't make much sense to me as to why it has taken so long when I know of people that ordered their's after I did and got theirs a month ago.

Back