Just Ordered my 2017 Explorer Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just Ordered my 2017 Explorer Limited

fatboyO

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Limited
Hi folks,

Been shopping for a few months and reading this forum over the last week since we decided on what vehicle to buy.

As a result of some the information I found here, we decided to go ahead and order a new 2017 Limited.

Seems that getting one in White Platinum/Ebony Leather with buckets/console and otherwise fully loaded is a challenge up here in Ontario....so we had to put in a factory order.

Dealer tells me it could 2-3 months before we get one....wow...was really hoping to have it for the winter but I guess it is what it is....

Can't wait for the updates from the dealer/factory along the way.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum fatboyO. :wave:
I lease my vehicles so when the dealer called and said that they would pay off the remaining 5 payments on my 2014 Lincoln if I was still interested in a 2017 Explorer. I went to see him the next day. I told him I was only interested in a 2017 Platinum in White Gold. He checked and found there was only 1 in Ottawa at another dealership. It has the ebony interior although I wold have preferred the light colour. It also had the 2nd row buckets but no console as it turned out. I'm surprised that in a city the size of Toronto that you couldn't find the one that you wanted. Three months might seem a little long. The usual wait time appears to be 8-10 weeks but the factory shut down for the holidays. I ordered my 2011 Limited just before Christmas 2010 and I took possession of it on March 14th, 2011. Having 1 less Winter on it isn't all that bad either.
Good luck and Happy New Year.

Peter

I assure you that the wait will be worth it. And one less winter's wear on your new vehicle isn't a bad thing. :)

Mine was an order as well. May you enjoy yours as much as you love mine. Which reminds me... I need to update that signature. 12k miles on it now and I'm about to put on a couple hundred more today!

I once in a while find myself to be blessed enough to visit my Canadian neighbors in Toronto--hopefully we pass each other traffic when yours is delivered.

Welcome to the Forum fatboyO. :wave:
I lease my vehicles so when the dealer called and said that they would pay off the remaining 5 payments on my 2014 Lincoln if I was still interested in a 2017 Explorer. I went to see him the next day. I told him I was only interested in a 2017 Platinum in White Gold. He checked and found there was only 1 in Ottawa at another dealership. It has the ebony interior although I wold have preferred the light colour. It also had the 2nd row buckets but no console as it turned out. I'm surprised that in a city the size of Toronto that you couldn't find the one that you wanted. Three months might seem a little long. The usual wait time appears to be 8-10 weeks but the factory shut down for the holidays. I ordered my 2011 Limited just before Christmas 2010 and I took possession of it on March 14th, 2011. Having 1 less Winter on it isn't all that bad either.
Good luck and Happy New Year.

Peter

That's good news regarding the wait.

We considered the Platinum, and yes, that's quite a good looking machine with a great interior and powerful engine... if you got it I'm sure you'll really enjoy it.

Happy New Year.

I assure you that the wait will be worth it. And one less winter's wear on your new vehicle isn't a bad thing. :)

Mine was an order as well. May you enjoy yours as much as you love mine. Which reminds me... I need to update that signature. 12k miles on it now and I'm about to put on a couple hundred more today!

I once in a while find myself to be blessed enough to visit my Canadian neighbors in Toronto--hopefully we pass each other traffic when yours is delivered.

One less winter would be great, but to be honest, I was really hoping to drive it through snow this winter.....since the dealer was throwing in winters on rims for me....

I guess I'll get it when I get it and there's nothing I can do to speed that along ....

Just got mine on Wednesday. 6 weeks from time of order, but I'm only 6 hoursish from the factory.

One less winter would be great, but to be honest, I was really hoping to drive it through snow this winter.....since the dealer was throwing in winters on rims for me....

I guess I'll get it when I get it and there's nothing I can do to speed that along ....
I'm guessing the Winter tire package is part of the deal regardless of when it comes in. Is that right? I've used dedicated Winters for the past 17 years and definitely would not do without. Since I already had the Winter wheels from my previous vehicle, the dealer gave me an $800 discount as part of the deal.

Peter

I'm guessing the Winter tire package is part of the deal regardless of when it comes in. Is that right? I've used dedicated Winters for the past 17 years and definitely would not do without. Since I already had the Winter wheels from my previous vehicle, the dealer gave me an $800 discount as part of the deal.

Peter

That's right Peter...

Same here, have always had dedicated winters and in fact had to get these as the extra set I have at home are only 16" from my Buick Riviera which I'm finally letting go... guess I'll sell them now.

So whether I use them this winter or next I needed them so I asked for them.

I also had to sell a set of 17" Winters when I went from the 2011 Limited to a 2014 MKT. I'm not sure what kind of wheel the package includes but I'm guessing it is the generic type. I ordered the Police Interceptor ones since the promotion was no longer in effect.

PA290305_001.JPG

I also had to sell a set of 17" Winters when I went from the 2011 Limited to a 2014 MKT. I'm not sure what kind of wheel the package includes but I'm guessing it is the generic type. I ordered the Police Interceptor ones since the promotion was no longer in effect.

View attachment 94840

I just assumed it would be generic blk steel wheels....I'll look into it and ask for the Police Interceptors like you have in the photo...I hope there's no additional charge for them...guess I'll find out....thanks for the info...wasn't aware of this as I haven't had a ford for many years now....

I just assumed it would be generic blk steel wheels....I'll look into it and ask for the Police Interceptors like you have in the photo...I hope there's no additional charge for them...guess I'll find out....thanks for the info...wasn't aware of this as I haven't had a ford for many years now....
Keep in mind that the center cap is extra and that you will also need a set of different lugnuts since the cap attached to them. Just something to think about if you're going to look into it.

Peter

View attachment 94840

Just called Markville Ford, where Ivordered mine, and spoke with parts and the fellow didn't even know about those type of wheels and didn't have any part number for that... perhaps not on system for 2017s yet... go figure.

By some chance do you have any identifier for those interceptor rims on your invoice?

Just called Markville Ford, where Ivordered mine, and spoke with parts and the fellow didn't even know about those type of wheels and didn't have any part number for that... perhaps not on system for 2017s yet... go figure.

By some chance do you have any identifier for those interceptor rims on your invoice?
DG1Z-1015-A for the wheel, F87Z-1030-GB for the Wheel Cover (Cap) and DG1Z-1012-A for the wheel nuts.
Here is a link to Levittown Ford; http://levittownfordparts.com/ford-explorer-police-interceptor-wheel-p-2295.html
I got the wheels for $88 each (discounted from $102.95), the cover $20 ($23.54) and the wheel nuts for $2.56 each but that was a special price as the parts manager was able to obtain the last box the supplier had on hand. I've found the prices for wheels to be 3 or 4 times higher in the U.S. for some reason.

Peter

DG1Z-1015-A for the wheel, F87Z-1030-GB for the Wheel Cover (Cap) and DG1Z-1012-A for the wheel nuts.
Here is a link to Levittown Ford; http://levittownfordparts.com/ford-explorer-police-interceptor-wheel-p-2295.html
I got the wheels for $88 each (discounted from $102.95), the cover $20 ($23.54) and the wheel nuts for $2.56 each but that was a special price as the parts manager was able to obtain the last box the supplier had on hand. I've found the prices for wheels to be 3 or 4 times higher in the U.S. for some reason.

Peter

Thanks!!

Well it's almost 6 weeks since I ordered it and nothing yet,

Called the dealer to ask if the my got a VIN or build date yet and nope, nothing.

Well at least this gives me time to explore the various options Id like to add to the truck.

Dropped by weathertech in Burlington yesterday to have a look at their floor mats, side window wind deflectors and light sheild.

Wanted to see their bug deflector but they don't have one for the 2017 just yet.

Will keep you posted...

[QUOTE="fatboyO, post: 3603112, member: 317216

Dropped by weathertech in Burlington yesterday to have a look at their floor mats, side window wind deflectors and light sheild.
Husky will over the most coverage. Weathertech apparently still doesn't cover the carpeted area over to the door sill in the front.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...liners-cargo-mats.377712/page-10#post-3492215

Peter[/QUOTE]
Thanks Peter, got me thinking... and checked them out in detail (xact contour) great stuff ... I noted on their site that the 2nd row may have an issue if you have a console/ buckets like I have, however, I think I can simply trim it to make it fit...sent them email to see if they have an updated one.... will keep you all posted.

Woohoo! Got my VIN today and my dealer says it should be delivered by early April.

I checked cotusb.Ford.Com and it tells me delivery scheduled for march 18th.... guess sometime late march to early April will be more like it.

Looks like I may miss the last snow falls up here and start the spring off in my new ex..... can't wait... can start ordering a few items now .....

Woohoo! Got my VIN today and my dealer says it should be delivered by early April.

I checked cotusb.Ford.Com and it tells me delivery scheduled for march 18th.... guess sometime late march to early April will be more like it.

Looks like I may miss the last snow falls up here and start the spring off in my new ex..... can't wait... can start ordering a few items now .....
Good news for you. I picked mine up on Halloween and had the Winter wheels put on it right away. Will have to wait until the end of March to see how it drives with the OEM wheels.:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good news for you. I picked mine up on Halloween and had the Winter wheels put on it right away. Will have to wait until the end of March to see how it drives with the OEM wheels.:)
Yes, Im sure it will drive even better with the OEMs on.

I'm thinking I may not even get to put the winter tires/wheels on.... just store them till next winter .

In fact, I'm hoping for nice dry weather and drive the Ex straight to Krown for rustproofing before doing anything else to it.

I hope to have the Husky floor mats, ford bug deflector, wheel locks, gas tank lock (still not sure if I need one) and weathertec wind deflectors ready at home to get started as soon as I can.

Back