• Register Today It's free!

just ordered warn hubs !

transmissionguy

Reaction score
City, State
greentown , Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer xlt
I just ordered a set of warn manual locking hubs for my 94 xlt . i got the hubs and the conversion kit for 176.80 did i get a good deal ?? and How hard is it to put these suckers on?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not hard at all. I also have a write-up on my website with pics.

those r the best mod ive done to my x so far. good luck!

that price sounds good, i remember paying like $215ish for mine.....

Great deal! WARN hubs really are alot better than those automatic hubs. It only took me about 45 minutes to do the swap.

Originally posted by punkbek3886
those r the best mod ive done to my x so far. good luck!

Yup. great mod. 2WD low is cool too.

So where did you get the warn's for that price? They are like 200 out here. If I can save a couple of bucks I will. Thanks

45 minutes to swap them? my left side took 6 hours, the right side took 10 minutes :)

It only took me like a half hour to do mine.:D

I got my hubs and kit at the 4x4cyberstore.com they look liek they have some good deals on all kinds of stuff.

Thans transmissionguy I'll check it out

hey that site does have some good deals:)

yeah the guy is pretty cool to i called him on my order he is helpful even though it sounds like he works out of his garage lol

I bought Mile Marker hubs for my X from Autozone.
Hubs were $112.77
Kit was $36.01
after paying my state to buy something it came to $157.71. I thought that was a good price and only took one day to get.

Joe.............

I was just wondering if you could do a manual hub conversion on a 96 X?

hey all i got my new hubs on but when i was doing them i noticed my passenger side axle had some play in it , im thinking i need a new wheel bearing, has anyone ever replaced them on a 94 and is it difficult? any special tools needed?

The outer wheel bearing simply pulls right out. When I replaced mine, I coated them all with new grease. They should be right there.

ok thanks for the help i will check mine out and see if it needs replaced .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back