Just picked up 2019

Tyler Hinkley

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
19 Explorer XLT Sport Pkg
Hey everyone,

This is actually my first post here. This is my first Ford vehicle and if it’s an easy fix sorry about it! I just picked up a new 2019 XLT this past weekend and can’t seem to figure this out.

Does anyone have an explanation on why my left brake light stays on even when not pressed. I thought it would be a rear fog light, but noticed the switch only controls the front fogs. I wasn’t aware of this until someone following me pointed it out.

Edit: It only does this when the lights are on.

Thank you for the help

9A9CD607-1D0C-463E-9E4C-21A9A1BC37F4.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had an issue with my front head lamp assembly (LED never turned on) on my '19 Platinum. It was a relay causing the issue, the lamp itself was fine, but the dealer replaced the entire assembly first. So my advice would just be to make sure they diagnose the issue properly and save yourself a trip.

Welcome to the Forum Tyler.:wave:
As others have mentioned, it is not normal and should be fixed by your dealer. As for your statement, "Edit: It only does this when the are on" , was that meant to say that it only does it when the vehicle's lights are ON?

Peter

Thank you everyone for the help. Looks like I’ll take it in this weekend to resolve the issue.

Welcome to the Forum Tyler.:wave:
As others have mentioned, it is not normal and should be fixed by your dealer. As for your statement, "Edit: It only does this when the are on" , was that meant to say that it only does it when the vehicle's lights are ON?

Peter
Sorry, yes I should have specified that.

When the vehicle lights are on, the left brake light stays on. When the lights are off, the brake lights work as they should.

Please report back once it's fixed. Thanks Tyler.

I had an issue with my front head lamp assembly (LED never turned on) on my '19 Platinum. It was a relay causing the issue, the lamp itself was fine, but the dealer replaced the entire assembly first. So my advice would just be to make sure they diagnose the issue properly and save yourself a trip.

I just went in to schedule an appointment. The service manager gave it a look and kind of chuckled as if its been a common issue with the 2019 models. Hopefully it's a simple fix.

Back