• Register Today It's free!

Just purchased 03 Explorer

tex599

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT
I just purchased a 2003 Explorer, XLT, V6 with 46K miles. Are there any issues I should be on the look out for. I decided against the extended warranty. Do the Transmission problems affect the 03 or is it just the 02 models. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

tex599 said:
I just purchased a 2003 Explorer, XLT, V6 with 46K miles. Are there any issues I should be on the look out for. I decided against the extended warranty. Do the Transmission problems affect the 03 or is it just the 02 models. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Congrats on your new truck!

You might have made a little mistake now by not getting the extended Warranty. The tranny and rear end problems with these trucks go all the way to the 05 modles. The 5 speed trany they put in these things are junk in my opinion. Mine has been replaced 3 times now and I have 49K on it.

If you ever have the tranny go bad on yours, that extended warranty would have been paid for.

I don't mean to scare you, I love these trucks, which is why I still own one of them! Goodluck to you and your Explorer! :D

Back