Just purchased 2016 XLT :) | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Just purchased 2016 XLT :)

weaklinks

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer XLT 2016
Hello,
I just purchased 2016 Explorer XLT. I'm trying to figure out a few things my first mission is can I make my SUV have Apple Play/Adriod Play? This is what I think I have Sync2 version 3.8 It does have navigation A7 MAPS *SD CARD So what will it take to get Apple Play added on without breaking the common integrated functions of the SUV. I have read so many things e.g All I need to do is upgrade the USB and a lot of the data out there only indicates to upgrade to NAV version or to people who have a really base model.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jon M

Reaction score
City, State
Mount Pleasant, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT
The only way to add Apple/Android Play, I believe, would be to upgrade to Sync 3, which requires a complete head unit change, along with some programming. It's not cheap.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Hello,
I just purchased 2016 Explorer XLT. I'm trying to figure out a few things my first mission is can I make my SUV have Apple Play/Adriod Play? This is what I think I have Sync2 version 3.8 It does have navigation A7 MAPS *SD CARD So what will it take to get Apple Play added on without breaking the common integrated functions of the SUV. I have read so many things e.g All I need to do is upgrade the USB and a lot of the data out there only indicates to upgrade to NAV version or to people who have a really base model.
I believe the latest version is 3.10. MFT Update V3.10

Peter

cwescapexlt4x4

Explorin' the Desert SW
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Litchfield Park, AZ area...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 King Ranch 4wd 3.0T

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
But this still won't allow the integration he is looking for with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
I was just pointing out that he did not have the latest software version. I don't know what is required for Apple CarPlay/Android Auto since I don't use those features.

Peter

weaklinks

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer XLT 2016
Thanks guys after going to that URL and searching and reading i just updated to version 3.10 without issues well not really just remember the USB device needs to be formatted to FAT32