Just replaced the running boards with nerf bars... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just replaced the running boards with nerf bars...

KSpride

Reaction score
City, State
Ft Bliss TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer '97 XLT
Can anyone tell me a good fix for the swiss cheese effect that I now have on the lower part of my explorer. I took the factory running boards off and replaced them with some nerf bars. I am very happy with the looks but I just wanna cover up the holes. Is there anything I can do that wont cost be an arm and a leg and is somewhat easy to do. Thanks for any help...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

where would I be able to get those???? Do I need to go to the dealership??? I know it might seem like a stupid question but no one I have talked to seems to know where to get them...

I have seen them on Ebay a number of times. "Parts & Accy...Ford Explorer" should bring something up sometime..
Good luck and be sure to be on line right at the end to keep the high bid.

bummer!! i just sold a pair of '97 side mouldings to a guy on this site. however, there were about 6 other guys trying to sell theirs to him. i bet they would probably sell theirs to you. here's the link:

Dead Link Removed

good luck!

oh, just to rub a little salt in the wound...they were the same dang color as your truck!! i wish you'd posted sooner! sorry, pal.

Back