Just scooped up a 2015 Sport...what are the must have accessories / upgrades? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just scooped up a 2015 Sport...what are the must have accessories / upgrades?

stunya

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
All,

Been a member of the forum for a long time, dating back to a 2002 explorer. My wife has been in a mercury mariner the past few years, but we just made the jump back to a 2015 Explorer Sport that was a local dealer demo. He made me an offer i just couldnt refuse.

The vehicle itself has a ton of options, but was looking for help in a couple areas:

What are the must have accessories / upgrades right off the bat?

I need to get all weather floor mats installed to include the big cargo mat (behind the 2nd row back) and the roof cross bars.

Should i stick with factory mats or should i go to one of the other reputable brands (husky, weathertech, etc)?

Anything i should be on the lookout for?

Thanks in advance and happy to be back!

:thumbsup:

I have the OEM ford all weather mats. There nice fit good for the money. Had weather tech liners in my F350, there ok but don't fit 100% had to trim mine. If you like driving with the window cracked in rain get window visors. The roof holds quite some water so if you drive after some rain with the window cracked you'll get a lap full of water when you turn. And lastly enjoy! Maybe post some pics of the new ride?!?

1. Radar detector rear visor mount (must if you have one)
  2. In-channel vent visors
  3. Rear cargo cargo mat
  4. Rear cargo spear well mat
  5. Rear cargo cover
  6. MFT screen protector
  7. If you do not have them, wheel locks

Back