Just starting.... 2013 APIM Sync 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just starting.... 2013 APIM Sync 3

jmlind

Reaction score
City, State
Stevensville, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013, Explorer, Limited
I have been reviewing several of the Sync 2 V3.10 update posts....and also considering upgrading to the Sync3 - but I have not found a reasonably priced Screen/APIM...yet. A lot of great information here, that is for sure!

There must have been an issue copying my files over from the download to my hard drive and then flash drive. The update is now loading to my vehicle now.

I have been reviewing several of the Sync 2 V3.10 update posts....and also considering upgrading to the Sync3 - but I have not found a reasonably priced Screen/APIM...yet. A lot of great information here, that is for sure!
Did you ever get the update done? I have a '13 Limited for about 3 months now and I would like to see if I can update everything that can be updated. Also, did you ever run into an issue with the rear camera not displaying the picture anymore?

Did you ever get the update done? I have a '13 Limited for about 3 months now and I would like to see if I can update everything that can be updated. Also, did you ever run into an issue with the rear camera not displaying the picture anymore?
Yes, I was successful and have been running it since 2018. Overall process was not too bad. The more challenging was creating brackets to mount the screen. I found a screen that was not from an explorer so I ended up buying joist hangers and modifying them to fit. The only ‘wish’ is that I waited for one with built-in navigation. Of course I do have navigation if I connect my phone via Apple CarPlay and if I have cell service which sometimes in rural areas it is a bit sketchy. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Back