Just test drove X today; pricing is tough!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just test drove X today; pricing is tough!!

marc515

Reaction score
City, State
Brick, NJ
We just test drove the Jeep Grand Chrokee and the Xplorer, and wife really likes the X; I also prefer it over the JGC, but wouldn't mind the JGC, as pricing is better.

Dealer indicated there were no incentives, and the best we could do is $100 over invoice.

May wait till production of the X increases so the bargaining will be slightly better.

Was also suprised that Ford only gives $500 incentive to active military, whereas, Jeep gives it to current, and veterans.

Oh well, hope production increases soon!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

3 words of advice:

1) Negotiate.
2) Negotiate.
3) Negotiate.

You get not what you deserve, only what you negotiate.

There is a public 500 incentive now, so I am not sure why your dealer would say that.

We just test drove the Jeep Grand Chrokee and the Xplorer, and wife really likes the X; I also prefer it over the JGC, but wouldn't mind the JGC, as pricing is better.

Dealer indicated there were no incentives, and the best we could do is $100 over invoice.

May wait till production of the X increases so the bargaining will be slightly better.

Was also suprised that Ford only gives $500 incentive to active military, whereas, Jeep gives it to current, and veterans.

There is $500.00 reg. incentives, plus you may be able to get $750.00 private cash (I'm not sure if this is still valid or not) by going to the ford website and requesting a brochure. Also enter your email address. Many of the brochures have $750.00 private cash offers in them. I got a $750 both by email and in my brochure. You may have to try multiple times (use your wife's name, etc...)

-J

Just wait a while, the price will come down. Or else try another dealer.

My cousin bought a Ram over F150 because he got a better deal on it. Im talkin like 10k. I know he regrets it everyday. But he justifies it by saying hemi. Now Ford has em beat there too:D. I have yet to see a vehicle with worse factory paint quality than that thing, not to mention a laundry list of others. You do get what you pay for when comparing these 2 companies.

i got the $750 private cash coupon last week so that still works by requesting a brochure. the $500 I think expires monday. last month it was $1000. so i am hoping they will replace it with a new one, at least $500 again because i would like to make a purchase soon.

There is $500.00 reg. incentives, plus you may be able to get $750.00 private cash (I'm not sure if this is still valid or not) by going to the ford website and requesting a brochure. Also enter your email address. Many of the brochures have $750.00 private cash offers in them. I got a $750 both by email and in my brochure. You may have to try multiple times (use your wife's name, etc...)

-J

Also they start the 2012 MY build in July/August so don't order an 11 now.

You can always get a ford employee to get you an Xplan Pin number to use. If you don't know anyone, go to blueovalforums and ask there, I think there's a pin request thread.

I think the $750 brochure expired April 26th. That's what it said on mine.

I got a privite invitation for $1000.00 in the mail a few weeks ago. I had previously gotten the $750.00 private cash/REI coupon, but this new one showed up around April 15. I was able to use it on my new LTD that I picked up on Friday.

you should be able to combine your military $500 with all the offers mentioned above.

As said negotiate, don't talk rebates with the dealer, it's not thier money or cost for those. Negotiate the sale price of the truck as if there are no rebates, then when you have it in writing, break out the rebates and stack them on top.

They want to talk financing, no, total cost of truck
They want to talk payments, no total cost of truck
They want to talk warranties, no total cost of truck
They want to talk trade in, no total cost of truck

Helps to get preapproved at fordcredit.com online if your financing, takes their chance of screwing you away when you get to the finance guy AFTER you have negotiated the price of the truck.

I agree with jeedin,rebates do not come out of the dealers pocket,they come from Ford's profit.If you are trading a vehicle,there is no excuse for not knowing the value of your trade.NADA Blue Book,Kelly and many other sites are available to you online.You will probably be able to get a better finance rate at your local credit union or bank than with Ford Credit.
If it is a trusted dealer, he will negotiate price with you before he brings up the rebates.If you are going to purchase extended warranty,research online before you ever mention it to the dealer,online ESP is usually a better deal.
If you are one that does not buy new vehicles often,shame on you ,if you do not do online research before you attempt a purchase.

If you are already driving a Ford check to see if they still have the customer loyalty incentive. When I ordered my on 1/31 I received a $1000 rebate and a $1500 customer loyalty incentive and they honored both when I took delivery on 4/25.

Military pricing

Mark,
I used USAA's car buying service which started my pricing at $200 below invoice. Then I called the dealerships listed as "certified dealers" and negotiated with them. The winning dealer gave me my Ex for $500 below invoice before incentives. I was able to combine the $500 military with the $1000 incentive I got.

Good luck!

Back