City, State
Silver Spring, MD
So, I just ordered my Sport and here is what i got:

White Platinum Tri-coat Explorer Sport
Charcoal black interior
Equip group 402A
Dual panel Moonroof
x-plan discount

I know its been talked about but does anyone know for sure if production has started or maybe even received a VIN? The dealership told me probably 8 weeks, anyone else hear the same? The wait is going to be rough...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ordered the end of June and I am still waiting for the build to be scheduled.

The dealership told me probably 8 weeks, anyone else hear the same? The wait is going to be rough...

Do you know if production has started? Did you get any incentives? I was told no incentives yet, but most likely once the Sport arrives.

So, I just ordered my Sport and here is what i got...

I know its been talked about but does anyone know for sure if production has started or maybe even received a VIN?...
Welcome to the boards, HailRG3! I’m confident you’re going to love your new ride. :) The good news is that production for the Sports has started; the other good news is I’ve seen a VIN assigned. :thumbsup:

I’m happy to help by tracking your order. Shoot me a PM with your dealer info & order number and I’ll check your status.

My tracker says yours hasn’t been scheduled yet. It’s only a matter of time. :popcorn:

Cory

Welcome to the boards, HailRG3! I’m confident you’re going to love your new ride. :) The good news is that production for the Sports has started; the other good news is I’ve seen a VIN assigned. :thumbsup:

I’m happy to help by tracking your order. Shoot me a PM with your dealer info & order number and I’ll check your status.

My tracker says yours hasn’t been scheduled yet. It’s only a matter of time. :popcorn:

Cory

Cory, sent you a PM. Thanks!

Fantastic news, got my VIN!!! So, does anyone know about how long until the window sticker shows up?
A week before production I'm told.
HailRG3,

The online window sticker URL will update about 4-6 days before your expected build date (you were dead on, malcolmtucker :)). Start checking next week.

You probably already have the link in your favorites, but here it is again:

Code:
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=<Insert VIN Here>

Cory

HailRG3,

The online window sticker URL will update about 4-6 days before your expected build date (you were dead on, malcolmtucker :)). Start checking next week.

You probably already have the link in your favorites, but here it is again:

Code:
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=<Insert VIN Here>

Cory

Got it, thanks guys. One more thing, I ordered the explorer catalog and no $750 coupon, what gives?

Window sticker popped up this AM!!! Looks like my build date is the 19th. I wonder where that puts me in terms of delivery?? The dealer had given me an estimated date of Oct 29th. Cory, does that sound about right?

All of my waiting may have been for nothing. After telling me for 3 months that they would sell me the car on X-Plan the sales manager at my dealership today told me that they are going to sell the first few that come in for a premium over sticker.

I'm very frustrated, and very irritated. I am going to do what I can to make them hold their original deal, but I may be out of luck, and I'm not paying a premium for a vehicle just because it has a new engine option.

That totally sucks after everything that you have been through and how long you have waited. Hold their feet to the fire!

All of my waiting may have been for nothing. After telling me for 3 months that they would sell me the car on X-Plan the sales manager at my dealership today told me that they are going to sell the first few that come in for a premium over sticker.

I'm very frustrated, and very irritated. I am going to do what I can to make them hold their original deal, but I may be out of luck, and I'm not paying a premium for a vehicle just because it has a new engine option.

That's horrible. I made my deal when I ordered because I can see my dealer trying something like that. I would never buy a Ford if they did though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That totally sucks after everything that you have been through and how long you have waited. Hold their feet to the fire!
kaelin said:
That's horrible. I made my deal when I ordered because I can see my dealer trying something like that. I would never buy a Ford if they did though.

Yeah, I won't settle, Having already having to sue Ford over the previous vehicle, if the dealership decides to screw me over I'll abandon the brand this time. The manager says "it's the owner's directive . . .".. I told the manager that they have until next Friday to agree in writing to honor the X-Plan deal, or that I would make it cost them more than they plan on making by marking it up.

Back