NaplesBill

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Naples, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Explorer XLT NBX
Hey guys,

It's been a while. I have been really busy with all the mods to my new car. I just thought I would stop by and show you the fruits of my labor. What do you think:

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

BTW, this site is so much better than any of the Focus sites.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice Focus. Any engine mods? I hope so. I hate it when a car is all show and no go. Turn it into a WRC car. All you need is all-wheel drive.

Originally posted by NaplesBill
Hey guys,

What do you think:

BTW, this site is so much better than any of the Focus sites.

Hey, welcome back Bill. The car looks nice. How much did you lower it?

What is so bad about the Focus sites, do they have people bickering a lot on them?

Have you been checking in here as a guest since you left?

Stick around, and talk with us, after all, you said you had 2 other Explorers in your family...... :)

The performance mods are just starting. I've only had the car 2 mos. I should have my Vibrant cat-back and Volant intake in by Wednesday. After that it will be a new flex pipe and header. Then a larger throttle body and a Diablo chip.

Re: Re: Just visiting

Originally posted by Crankcase

Hey, welcome back Bill. The car looks nice. How much did you lower it?

What is so bad about the Focus sites, do they have people bickering a lot on them?

Have you been checking in here as a guest since you left?

Stick around, and talk with us, after all, you said you had 2 other Explorers in your family...... :)

I lowered the car with 1.8" lowering springs. However, when I measured the before and after it actually lowered the car 2".

There is a lot of bickering on the Focus sites. I think it has a lot to do with the age groups on these sites. There is also a site that won't even allow you to post a link to another Focus site unless that other site is also a sponsor. I had my hand slapped for this. I was like WTF. I thought the purpose of these sites was to share information.

I like this site because everyone seems to get along most of the time.

I have been stopping by a little here and there but I have also had some personal problems as of late. I won't bore you with my problems but it's ok now.

I am working on one of my roommates to modify his X. I almost have him convinced.

Nice Focus man. My friend just got a dark grey ZX3

I have a pic request for you.. In the background it looked like your edelbrock 409s are now on a green Explorer. I really like those wheels... could you please take some pics of the green explorer (mines a green 98). Thanks alot

On Edit, my friend said he found alot of the same on focus forums...try www.club-focus.net

Originally posted by Magicfan25
Nice Focus man. My friend just got a dark grey ZX3

I have a pic request for you.. In the background it looked like your edelbrock 409s are now on a green Explorer. I really like those wheels... could you please take some pics of the green explorer (mines a green 98). Thanks alot

On Edit, my friend said he found alot of the same on focus forums...try www.club-focus.net

Those wheels are not staying on that Explorer but I will definately get you a couple pics before I change them out!

Im the afformentioned friend from before. Club Focus is a smaller board than many other focus boards and everyone seemsto get along ,for the most part. By the way the car looks pretty good, the front isnt all that good in my opinion but the rest looks sweet. Thats the drop Im gonna try and get for mine and I suggest gettin a YoDude exaust for your car. They are really good and are less expensive than most. They make catbacks for the ZX3 and flex sections.

I am so happy there is no such thing as a "YoDude" exhaust for an Explorer!!!:D

Bill, the Focus looks VERY nice!!! I love all cars yellow!

Robb

Originally posted by morrisey0
I am so happy there is no such thing as a "YoDude" exhaust for an Explorer!!!:D

Bill, the Focus looks VERY nice!!! I love all cars yellow!

Robb

I hear ya. At least one person suggested to me to get a Yo Dude exhaust. They are actually pretty good but I don't want to have to tell people that my exhaust is Yo Dude!

Bill doesnt one fo your roommates have a silver 01 explorer? Has he done any mods yet? Also Bill I installed the grille myself on sunday and it looks great!! THANKS!

Looks Nice Bill. I was against hatchbacks at first, but they have REALLY grown on me. I think yellow is a pretty cool color, since not too many cars are such a bright yellow. Good luck with the mods!

In the latest issue of Road and Track they show a 2004 Ford Focus Cosworth. It's got 19" wheels, AWD, and a 300hp turbo 4-cylinder. That's a sweet car. Unfortunately it's most likely Europe only.

Originally posted by DocVijay
In the latest issue of Road and Track they show a 2004 Ford Focus Cosworth. It's got 19" wheels, AWD, and a 300hp turbo 4-cylinder. That's a sweet car. Unfortunately it's most likely Europe only.

It is supposed to make it over here as an SVT model! We'll have to wait and see on that one!

Originally posted by RoadEnforcer
Bill doesnt one fo your roommates have a silver 01 explorer? Has he done any mods yet? Also Bill I installed the grille myself on sunday and it looks great!! THANKS!

He is the one I'm trying to talk into the mods on. I think he is going to atleast buy my old wheels, do the 2" lowering, tint his windows and he already has aftermarket ICE.

Nice car Bill but the Explorer was better.

Originally posted by NaplesBill

It is supposed to make it over here as an SVT model! We'll have to wait and see on that one!

Well according tho the magazine, the AWD Cosworth model is souped up version of the SVT Focus. The SVT version is coming here, but it probably won't have the 300hp. :(

Bill,
Focus is one of the nicest I've seen out there. Good work. I used to have A 99 Ford Contour all moded out. I can atest that the two Contour sites were the same way. You could not even post the name of the other site on the forums, and if by chance you did it started a huge debate about it. Its sad that some forums come to that when the purpose of them is to all share each others knowledge and experence each has had.BTW I have herd that people have been disappointed in the SVT Focas. From what I have been told is that the SVT Contour can out handle the Focas(SVT).

Originally posted by XLT Xtreme
Bill,
Focus is one of the nicest I've seen out there. Good work. I used to have A 99 Ford Contour all moded out. I can atest that the two Contour sites were the same way. You could not even post the name of the other site on the forums, and if by chance you did it started a huge debate about it. Its sad that some forums come to that when the purpose of them is to all share each others knowledge and experence each has had.BTW I have herd that people have been disappointed in the SVT Focas. From what I have been told is that the SVT Contour can out handle the Focas(SVT).

Thanks for the compliment. I used to have a 99 Contour as well. Although there were some cry babies on that site, it wasn't all that bad. I think it got worse over the last couple years. I'm not sure why anybody would be dissapointed in the SVT Focus. For 19K you get a hell of a car. The Sentra SE-R Spec V can only keep up in a straight line. Throw in handling and it's no contest. I have read many reviews on the SVT Focus and every one was good. They compare the handling of the SVT Focus to a Porshe! No kidding, I said Porsche. Nothing in it's class even comes close.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by DocVijay

Well according tho the magazine, the AWD Cosworth model is souped up version of the SVT Focus. The SVT version is coming here, but it probably won't have the 300hp. :(

I heard something like 240HP.

Back