Jwig's 04'x4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jwig's 04'x4

Well I took advantage of the 2 for 1 sale :D and went elite! This site has given me a ton of ideas and has killed countless hours of boredom in the office so I wanted to at least give my support to the site. A little history on myself, my name is Josh and I am currently serving in the U.S. Army in Afghanistan :usa:. I am honored to serve and I am proud to live in a place that we can build up our trucks and then drive freely to go put them to the test. My current explorer is actually my second as I used to own a 98. I traded it out for a 04 limited v6 with 96K in Oct of 2010. I found this website three months later and like many before me, my addiction set in....

The day after I bought her:
NewExplorer.jpg

First thing I did was buy a brush guard with 2 HID lights, 35% tint on the front windows, and purchase bigger tires Nitto Terra Grapplers 265/70/17's:
WindowTintDriver.jpg

NewTires2.jpg

NewTires3.jpg

NewTires5.jpg

Next came the Yakima Basket:
2011-04-27_11-28-21_59.jpg

then 3" body lift:
2011-04-27_13-16-36_110.jpg

2011-04-27_14-15-58_135.jpg

2011-04-27_15-07-35_903.jpg

2011-04-27_15-07-11_396.jpg

100_0269.jpg

I got 4 more HID light to go up top:
SDC16566.jpg

SDC16569.jpg

SDC16567.jpg

That's how she sits now. I also had a Python remote start put in and I'm not 100% sure but I think my wife is having my stereo put in as a Christmas present..time will tell. I come home on leave around Christmas so hopefully I will have time to put in the KKM Intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Mount my Moto Metal 951's, do the LED swap, install the upper and lower billet grille and a couple of other things. Not to mention change the oil and fuel filter and pamper her up a little bit :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just posted up my service! and thanks! and yes it is!

It's about time josh! Lol nice work so far, can't wait to see the post Christmas pictures :thumbsup:

nice x josh

It's about time josh! Lol nice work so far, can't wait to see the post Christmas pictures :thumbsup:

lol thanks Steve, and I cant wait!

Man, that is a nice looking Explorer. I really like the lights up high.

Ordered my Cobra 75WXST cb radio with a 4' Firestik antenna the other day! Which brings my complete Christmas "to install" list to: Cobra 75WXST, Moto Metal 951 black wheels, LED interior and puddle light swap, Upper and Lower billet grille, KKM intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Scanguage 2, and air filter mod...should keep me busy :D

Damn I can't wait to see pictures after all of that. Any thoughts of Westin Chrome tubular side steps to gain back some Chrome when you ditch your stock rims, or plans for a btf lift too?

Damn I can't wait to see pictures after all of that. Any thoughts of Westin Chrome tubular side steps to gain back some Chrome when you ditch your stock rims, or plans for a btf lift too?

I hadn't thought of chrome step bars but that's because I really want rock sliders. I think my friends and I are gonna try to make some next spring unless someone on the site beats me to it, then I may just try to buy some. I plan on lifting it up further but I'm gonna wait and see how Ronin's new plan works out. Regardless, I do plan on lifting her up further and then getting some 285's and re-gearing next spring...the anticipation is killing me lol

What brand of lights are those and how mud did they cost you?

and can you post up a night shot while you're home?

I got them off Ebay so there just a generic brand HID light, but man are they bright! They are kinda slow to turn on but I enjoy them! I think I paid around $95 for each pair. Absolutely I'll put up a night shot!

Yea I know, plenty of things I was hoping to work on this spring, but there's a few things I may need to sort out with the tranny, I think I need to swap out my solenoid pack and possibly some other things.

Made it home on Leave! Got my KKM installed, and the oil changed..I tried changing out the fuel filter but neither I, an aftermarket shop, or an transmissions shop could get it off..I"m at a loss lol. Anyways, I got an early Christmas present, a Sony DVD Navigation head unit! its awesome! I am having my new wheels put on tomorrow and hopefully installing my exhaust tomorrow as well but we'll see. I"m installing my CB on Friday along with my LED lighting for the interior. I'm taking pictures of the installs but I'll wait til I have everything finished to put them up..stay tuned..

Made it home on Leave! Got my KKM installed, and the oil changed..I tried changing out the fuel filter but neither I, an aftermarket shop, or an transmissions shop could get it off..I"m at a loss lol. Anyways, I got an early Christmas present, a Sony DVD Navigation head unit! its awesome! I am having my new wheels put on tomorrow and hopefully installing my exhaust tomorrow as well but we'll see. I"m installing my CB on Friday along with my LED lighting for the interior. I'm taking pictures of the installs but I'll wait til I have everything finished to put them up..stay tuned..

standing by for pictures :biggthump :popcorn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back