• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

K+N aircharger kit

Wolf Moll

Reaction score
City, State
Hilton Kwazulu Natal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ranger XLT4.0 V6
Hi everyone.

I have a 2008 Ranger 4.0 V6 and want to install a K+N aircharger kit. BUT I see on the installation instructions that this kit was not designed to fit a vehicle with body lift. Can anybody answer why, or has someone had some experience with this kit?
Any help would be appreciated as K+N cannot tell me why it would be a problem. Surely if you lift the body the engine gets lifted as well?
Regards
Wolf

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Dopler174

Official Welcome Committe
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Greensboro, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT 4X4
No sir. Motor is bolted to the frame and the body is lifted off the frame. So the motor and body create a gap. I would try the kit and make it fit if it were me.

Wolf Moll

Reaction score
City, State
Hilton Kwazulu Natal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ranger XLT4.0 V6
K+n

Thanks Scott. I think I will try and make it fit.

dragcounis

Reaction score
City, State
R.P.B. FL.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLS
a body lift and suspintion lift are 2 different things one only lifts the body(hens body lift)the other lifts the whole truck(suspention lift) but the intake should still fit

Wolf Moll

Reaction score
City, State
Hilton Kwazulu Natal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ranger XLT4.0 V6
K+n

When I bought the truck (Ford South Africa)it was sold as a "hi rider" so I am not sure how they achieved the lift. Looking at it, it seems they raised the suspension. Anyway thanks for the comments.

dragcounis

Reaction score
City, State
R.P.B. FL.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLS
post a pic i'll see if i can tell which one it is