K & N Filter Kits on 95 4x4 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

K & N Filter Kits on 95 4x4 Explorer

wardt

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me or show me what exactly the Filtercharger Injection Performance kit looks like For the 95 explorer. I bought the filter but wondered if there was a way to mod it without buying the entire kit.

Part
#57-2513-1 FIPK
#E-0995 K & N Air Filter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's mine. 1996 V6 OHV Sport. #57-2513.

View

I got it off a friend for $100. I really noticed a difference. The KKM kit mounts almost the exact way. The kit came with the filter, 2 mounting brackets, and the filter/MAS mounting plate. Also a cleaning kit. Good luck!

Originally posted by Alec
Here's mine. 1996 V6 OHV Sport. #57-2513.

View

I got it off a friend for $100. I really noticed a difference. The KKM kit mounts almost the exact way. The kit came with the filter, 2 mounting brackets, and the filter/MAS mounting plate. Also a cleaning kit. Good luck!

Your MAF housing and sensor? Was it just removed from the plastic housing? I heard that in the kits you get a totally new set up housing and all.

Hi wardt,
What you can do with your stock filter housing is cut 4 large sections out of it with a dremel, just leaving 4 long bars that keep the filter together, or better yet just cut the front section off all the way to the where the 2 portions of the filter housing clasp together and you will effectivly have the samething without costing you more money. When I had my 95, I did the earlier mentioned cutting and worked quite well. This will work if the number you posted is for the drop-in filter by K&N.
Also welcome to the site.

Originally posted by Ray Lobato
Hi wardt,
What you can do with your stock filter housing is cut 4 large sections out of it with a dremel, just leaving 4 long bars that keep the filter together, or better yet just cut the front section off all the way to the where the 2 portions of the filter housing clasp together and you will effectivly have the samething without costing you more money. When I had my 95, I did the earlier mentioned cutting and worked quite well. This will work if the number you posted is for the drop-in filter by K&N.
Also welcome to the site.

Thanks for the input. I thought about doing that, but was unsure if I would be causing any damage. Also since it will be a some what open housing and I will be dealing with the heated air from the engine. And we all know cooler is better. Did anyone do any heat wrapping or such to the headers?

If you do a search on K&N filters, you will find lots and lots of posts on this very subject. There are others on this board that have done some pretty inventive stuff.

Just another idea...

Here are a couple of pics of my setup on my 95. I used a K&N filter for a 96 V-8 #E-0996:

Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

I was able to retain the stock mounting for support of the air cleaner assembly.

Back