K&N Injection Performance Kit for 97 Mountaineer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

K&N Injection Performance Kit for 97 Mountaineer

jax3ee

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD
My friend just traded in his 97 mountaineer and we took his K&N Filtercharger Injection Performance Kit off of his vehicle and I'm trying to install it on my 97 mountaineer. His mountaineer had a cylindrical style stock air filter whereas mine has a stock rectangular air filter. The instructions on the K&N kit say only for use with the stock cylindrical style filter intake, however it looks like it will fit in mine. Does anyone know if I can use the K&N with mine?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I never knew K&N made intake kits for the 5.0. You learn a new thing every day. ;)

hey celly how,d you get a 5.0 cai?

this is cityworker i'v been looking for a cold air intake but cant find one at all MAC is the only supplier iv found and they dont have any for a 2000 5.0? any body help PLEAZZZ!

trailer wiring help

my 2k 5.0 xlt will not hook up to my boat trl wiring every time i hook it up it fryz a bunch of different fuses. i just wired the trl with a new4 wire flat, two taillight systemsoon as i fire up the lights fuses start going. where do i start on the truck.

it'll fit.
just have to retro-fit it.

PDRM0486.jpg

PDRM0484.jpg

mine also had the air box originally, not the oem conical.

I never knew K&N made intake kits for the 5.0. You learn a new thing every day. ;)

K&N were the first ones to have a CARB-certified/IM-legal one. Only reason I bought one, and paid over $200. And it's only a couple brackets and a filter.

Back