K&N Intake | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

K&N Intake

One more thing..... for those who have the "smell problem under hard acceleration" on their Explorers, this seems to be the solution, I dont know why.... but after installing this intake, ive been flooring the EX for the past 3 days, and no smell whatsoever.
Thats odd, but im happy with the outcome.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice, does this change the growl of your Magnaflow at all? I mean the combination of the two. I always had cars before this Ex and always did these 2 mods amongst others. As much as I love the sound a magnaflow with intake makes, I wouldn't want my SUV to sound like a sports car, I would just like to make it sound more aggressive but in an SUV type of way....if that makes any sense to anyone else...!? I guess a powerful sound vs. a speedy sound (like on a sport car).

How is the MPG ???? Has it decreased, increased or no difference???

Nice, does this change the growl of your Magnaflow at all? I mean the combination of the two. I always had cars before this Ex and always did these 2 mods amongst others. As much as I love the sound a magnaflow with intake makes, I wouldn't want my SUV to sound like a sports car, I would just like to make it sound more aggressive but in an SUV type of way....if that makes any sense to anyone else...!? I guess a powerful sound vs. a speedy sound (like on a sport car).

I don't have the K&N on mine, but in the past I've always noticed substantial increase in sound from under the hood with intakes... this is regardless of exhaust.

Yes, there is a substantial increase in sound, but Its noticeable just when you floor it, then it turns into a V8 (soundwise), it sounds like a more powerful engine.

Since I have a GoPro ill try making some videos from the inside, thatll give you guys an idea, i do like it, but its not a mod for everyone, if you want a quiet ride.

:popcorn:

Ready for the movies!!

Ebay seller, paid around $260

Easy to install.... not in a way im looking to make a horse out of a cow.... but Im liking the improved response and the deep growl, so far I have the magna flow catback and this intake, I wonder if I shoud have the computer reprogrammed to take more advantage of the whole setup.

Ill report back with some inside videos and mpgs info.

decff6204524861.jpg
0d4636204524867.jpg
12ecac204524872.jpg
64df85204524878.jpg

Any updates after a month of use? MPGs any better?

slight improvement on MPGs, barely noticeable to be honest.
But I do like the sound, and I feels more powerful, at least on the "butt dyno"

Do you know if it affects the warranty?

Do you know if it affects the warranty?

the only time an aftermarket part will effect the warranty is if the part can be directly linked to whatever problem/part failure you have. check out the magnuson-moss act.

Fredridge, can I ask why you removed it?

Thanks.

the main reason is I am cleaning out my garage (some life stuff).

the box is huge and took up a lot of room. It had oem intake in it. so I decided to go back to stock and get rid of the k&n

secondarily, it was a little louder than I would have liked.......but that didn't bother me much and wouldn't have swapped it if I wasn't doing some major cleaning.

Fredridge, can I ask why you removed it?

Thanks.

If you looking for the k&n. I bought the one for the SHO since it fits right up. WCPDiesel.com. $213 free shipping. Still waiting on my sport to arrive but I have the intake sitting on the bench in my garage awaiting a new home..

I believe this thread is for the 3.5 N/A, not the Ecoboost.

Do you need a tune when adding the CAI?

Video clips with K&N CAI kit installed - UPDATED 7/23

Yesterday I installed the K&N Series 77 CAI kit in my 2013 Explorer Limited. The installation was easy to do and the instructions that came with the kit were very well done. It took about 1.5 hours to completely finish.

There are 6 scenes in the video clip. One of before/after in the driveway just revving the engine. And 2 sets of before/after installation acceleration runs on a highway feeder road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLrD1HaDgnw

Overall, I am very pleased with the results and the product. The sound is very cool when you get on it. And in normal low rpm driving, it is barely noticeable. It does drone a little at moderate acceleration between 2500-3500 rpms. I can feel the difference between this and the stock setup. ESPECIALLY in the 3-4k range, it pulls much harder in that, and keeps pulling to the redline shift point.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice video you put together. sounds good

Back