K&N Oil Filter ??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

K&N Oil Filter ???

Quakecom

Reaction score
City, State
97-00 HHI, SC ************ 00-02 Boston, MA********** 02-04 Augsburg, GERMANY 04-now Munich, GERMANY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Eddie Bauer
Hey guys,

I was looking over the K&N website when I came across the oil filter they have...Has anybody ever used a K&N oil filter? Is it any good?
Any info is appreciated...

Thanx

Quakecom

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The air filter is good, but I wouldn't get the oil filter.

why would you stay away from them, just curious?

In my opinion, it's not worth the $10. I change my oil every 6000 miles anyway, ya know what I mean?

Well, I use Mobil 1 synthetic so that's why I change mine every 6000 miles.

My friend has one and always complains that it does nothing and how is was a waste of $. The air filter is def worth it but the oil filter I would stay away from.

Originally posted by KillerXLT
My friend has one and always complains that it does nothing and how is was a waste of $. The air filter is def worth it but the oil filter I would stay away from.
Ditto

Originally posted by KillerXLT

The oil filter , if doing its job, will appear to be doing nothing; isn;yt that what you want?

Ok let me rephrase my sentence for the wise a$$. If your looking for more power from the K&N oil filter there is not a noticable difference compared to a puralator, motorcraft, ect, ect......

Back