james t

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Texarkana AR/TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 SAS sport
If you havent heard, Katemcy is closing down in June never to be wheeled again. :(

Barring some disaster, im making the memorial weekend run May 23-25.

Come wheel with me and lets run this awesome place one last time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Crap, I dont think I will be able to make that run, Im suppose to go to my brothers wedding in ALaska on the 23rd of may, If I dont end up going I will try to make it though....that sucks its closing down.

Geez! The guy doesn't want to make any money from the land? It's nothing but rock. It's not good for anything but wheeling. It's no good for ranching. It's no good for farming. It's huge.

KATEMCY ROCKS CLOSING

All good things must come to an end. So it goes with Katemcy Rocks. We learned last week that we are losing our lease effective June 30, 2009 . The trust department that has handled Jack Hays estate notified us that the property was not going to be leased to us again. The son who inherited the property has decided he wishes to use the property exclusively for his family, as is his right. They may eventually build a home on the property.

Yea, this one hurts but it is in fact his land- i hate to see it go but i understand i guess. At least its not a .gov closure.

This gives us plenty of time to plan to have a big ride out there mem. day. You New Mexicans should come out too... yall are closer than i am haha.

For right now, I don't know if I can make it. And I have no clue what the other Demon members are up to with their rigs except with SVO. I know he's not done yet with his engine swap.

Back