Katrina victim(towing) | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Katrina victim(towing)

Big Duke

Reaction score
City, State
OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 EB 5.0
Need to know if you can tow a vehicle w/ a tow BAR instead of a tow dolly. U-haul is the only company that rents the dollies w/o the trucks. However, U-haul will not rent dollies to EXPLORERS. Don't ask me why. Called corporate and other branches (that weren't underwater). Let me know if it is possible..not really concerned "too" much with the legality. Trying to get in and get out. There is a curfew in affect..

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
depends on how its mounted and what vehicle is towing it...

u-hual wont let people rent anything for explorers because they are GHEY! (no offense to any gay people though) just its almost impossible to use any other word and not piss of some group being politically correct

Big Duke

Reaction score
City, State
OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 EB 5.0
Yes, yes they are. I plan the X will be towing w/ a class 2 or 3 hitch...to a front/bumper mounted '72 cutlass.

Lloyd10977

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Trenton, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Limited
Big Duke said:
Yes, yes they are. I plan the X will be towing w/ a class 2 or 3 hitch...to a front/bumper mounted '72 cutlass.
You should have no problems with a class 3 hitch, but I would have reservations about doing it with a class 2 because the Cutlass is very close to the maximum weight class for that hitch (3500#).

Big Duke

Reaction score
City, State
OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 EB 5.0
Thanks for the help.

alexefron

Reaction score
City, State
Rochester, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
isnt the cutlass more than 3500lbs. my friends '77 weighs about 3800lbs

Jimbo92

Reaction score
City, State
Greenwood, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 xlt, 97 5.0 mounty
what a coincidence u have a "mountaneer" they will rent to that so just fib a lil

Spdrcer34

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XL
If it's for a `72 Cutlass, I know some people that might help.....

go to www.realoldspower.com see who's in the area, and who has what type of equipment to help you.....ALOT of those guys/gals are fanatics about saving Oldsmobiles......and will go to great lengths to help someone......I know, I'm one of them!

Ryan

Rhett

Let Them Eat Cake
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Cape Girardeau, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport 4x4
Big Duke said:
However, U-haul will not rent dollies to EXPLORERS.

Tell them you have a Mountaineer. It's worked before.