• Register Today It's free!

Katrina victim(towing)

Big Duke

Reaction score
City, State
OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 EB 5.0
Need to know if you can tow a vehicle w/ a tow BAR instead of a tow dolly. U-haul is the only company that rents the dollies w/o the trucks. However, U-haul will not rent dollies to EXPLORERS. Don't ask me why. Called corporate and other branches (that weren't underwater). Let me know if it is possible..not really concerned "too" much with the legality. Trying to get in and get out. There is a curfew in affect..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

depends on how its mounted and what vehicle is towing it...

u-hual wont let people rent anything for explorers because they are GHEY! (no offense to any gay people though) just its almost impossible to use any other word and not piss of some group being politically correct

Yes, yes they are. I plan the X will be towing w/ a class 2 or 3 hitch...to a front/bumper mounted '72 cutlass.

Big Duke said:
Yes, yes they are. I plan the X will be towing w/ a class 2 or 3 hitch...to a front/bumper mounted '72 cutlass.
You should have no problems with a class 3 hitch, but I would have reservations about doing it with a class 2 because the Cutlass is very close to the maximum weight class for that hitch (3500#).

Thanks for the help.

isnt the cutlass more than 3500lbs. my friends '77 weighs about 3800lbs

what a coincidence u have a "mountaneer" they will rent to that so just fib a lil

If it's for a `72 Cutlass, I know some people that might help.....

go to www.realoldspower.com see who's in the area, and who has what type of equipment to help you.....ALOT of those guys/gals are fanatics about saving Oldsmobiles......and will go to great lengths to help someone......I know, I'm one of them!

Ryan

Big Duke said:
However, U-haul will not rent dollies to EXPLORERS.

Tell them you have a Mountaineer. It's worked before.

Back