Kazer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Sneads Ferry, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Excursion PSD
Picked up this mess about 2 and a half weeks ago

It's a 1996 Camaro Z28, lt1 v8, t-tops, tan leather interior, factory bose sound system, traction control, and only 87,200 miles. Picked it up for $1400 because the kid couldn't afford to fix it. He lost control on an S curve and slammed into the curb, destroying the two driver side rims, front spindle/rotor/knuckle, and the rear end.

So here is how she sits(not my garage), and she'll need the parts mentioned above plus a set of rims and tires to get rolling. the body damage is minor and there is no damage on the under carriage surprisingly. It dosent look like he bent the K frame or any thing else up front. I won't be insuring it or even driving it untill next spring, so she should be ready by then. Planning on roller rockers, heads, cam, CAI, Harwood Hood, 18's, some wide back tires, Transgo HD2 shift kit, and of course, headers, off road y pipe, and a cat back.

Running Total (Constantly Updated)

Camaro = $1,420
Brake Rotors = $190
Brake Pads = $156
Front Quarter = $10
Front Knuckle/Spindle = $60
Front Lower Control Arm = $60
Bushings = $61
Rear Axle = $150
Bushings Pressed In = $60
Sandblasting/Primer = $135
Paint = $38
Gasket, Oil = $18
Spectre Air Filter = $20
USB Charger = $34
Powder Coat 4 Calipers = $125
Front Sway Bar End Links = $5
RS Body Kit = $65
Long Tube Headers = $300
Off Road Y Pipe = $0
TB Plate = $7
Hooker Cat Back = $360
QTP Cutout = $244
ARP Bolts + Felpro Gaskets = $60
Exhaust/Master Cylinder/Stall/Tranny Cooler Installation $650
Master Cylinder $158
Brake Fluid $21
FTI 3200 Stall $760
Trans Cooler $56
Window Motor $17
Trans Gasket/Filter/Fluid $68

TOTAL = $5,308

Budget = $10,000

Pictures!
DSCN0182.jpg

DSCN0190.jpg

DSCN0188.jpg

DSCN0189.jpg

DSCN0187.jpg

DSCN0186.jpg

DSCN0185.jpg

DSCN0184.jpg

DSCN0183.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A great find man! For the record that car is a 5/4.5 lug pattern... I know you have wheels lol(at least to get home... Rear end should be just a GM ten bolt...the heads are already aluminum; just a p&p +valve job would be all you need.

Btw I have the whole drivetrain from my Buddys 94 Z28.. everything from the GM reman trans to the serpentine belt all accessories ie alternator ac delete...ecu and entire front clip wiring harness... It's just taking up space at this point...

We put the GM lt4 hotcam kit on his next motor and a stage two shift kit in it. Would break sideways shifting to second... Honestly I wouldn't buy the hotcam kit again...honesty with 275 hp stock they already have more power than they can put down to the road...
Get that f body to hook up and it'll cut 1/4 mi times down over a second...

Thanks Will! They're actually 5x4.75 so none of my rims fit haha :(. I've got more pictures that ill post up tomorrow.

I want this thing to be a street demon, not really gonna hit the 1/4 cause the nearest strip is an hour away. Im hopin that $6500 on top of the price of the car should get this to where I want it :burnout:

So instead of rushing to get this car rolling, i'm taking my time and replacing parts that weren't necessarily needed. Picked up a rear end with 3.42(originally had 2.73's, LOL) gears and posi for $150 with the track bar and both lower control arms(got new bushings for all of those too). Got a used front lower control arm for $50 and used knuckle with spindle also for $50. Bought Hawk HPS ferrocarbon pads, and also got a new front quarter for $10. Also picked up an RS Camaro factory body kit for $65. It's goin pretty slow right now, but i didnt plan on getting it plated untill next spring anyway. The car will also get a fresh paint job in the same color after the body kit, fender, and new hood is on
i still need rotors all around and a set of rear calipers....and some wheels :D

Here are some pics from today
DSCN0191.jpg

DSCN0207.jpg

DSCN0195-1.jpg

DSCN0192.jpg

DSCN0194.jpg

DSCN0198-1.jpg

DSCN0199-1.jpg

this is suppose to be straight..track bar
DSCN0201-1.jpg

DSCN0204.jpg

DSCN0205.jpg

DSCN0193.jpg

Also having trouble deciding on rims...
Gunmetal with a Stainless Lip
oe-vette-zo7-g-ss-18-r-2psnw.jpg

or
just Silver
oe-vette-zo7-s-2y.jpg

at first i wanted the second ones without a doubt, but now i kinda want something a bit flashy(but not chrome)

Looks like progress is good :thumbsup:

I vote for the gunmetal wheels

X2!
I put wheels off my s10 on a camaro once I thought they were both 5/4.5 but I guess not...
Good to know because my s10 axle Will become my trailer axle if its the same lug as the truck...

keep up the good work

Just curious on why you are looking at OEM or OEM replica Z06 wheels...

They do look good though...

Well they come in 18x10.5, and I haven't been able to find any other rims in that size that I like. I'm open to suggestions though

lookin good

Subscribing.

I've always loved those z06 wheels especially gunmetal... They come in 17/18 or 19/20 if I'm not mistaken

I found them in a set of 18x10.5/18x8.5.
I'm forced to relocate my business so ill pretty much be broke for a while :(. Who knows when I can get back to this thing

Subscribing... Charlotte had a '94 Camaro. Always liked the early 4th gens.

been so busy with work and life, only had about 2 hours today to work on this, havent touched her for almost a month. Got the rear gasket scraped off, new gasket on, oil in it, and got the lower control arms and track bar mounted. Calipers are off getting a white Powder Coat right now

Running total (Including Car) = $2524

Spectre Air Filter. $20 vs $52 for K&N
IMAG0985.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0983.jpg

IMAG0982.jpg

IMAG0979.jpg

its starting to look drive-able again
IMAG0991.jpg

IMAG0990.jpg

IMAG0988.jpg

I swear this is the last post about rims

I think i'm indecisive.....but i'm not sure....:D
The reigning champ:
oe-vette-zo7-g-ss-18-r-2psnw.jpg

$1859 Shipped and Insured with tires mounted and balanced

The new competitor:
oe-vette-c6-hb-3ps.jpg

This is advertised as "Hyper Black"

No price quote yet

I vote the first ones. The second ones look too ordinary.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back