KC Daylighters | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

KC Daylighters

I have a pre-wired harness for my lights. My question is can i hook the wire that would normally run from the aux switch to the relay,could i hook that into 1 of my high beam wires so that my KC's would come on at the same time my high beams do? I just removed my stock driving lights & replaced them w/a pair from wally-world.Looking to add the KC's to the front bumper after i fab up a mounting plate. I'll post some pic's when it's complete.

I have a pre-wired harness for my lights. My question is can i hook the wire that would normally run from the aux switch to the relay,could i hook that into 1 of my high beam wires so that my KC's would come on at the same time my high beams do?

Yes you can. I have it wired that way on my car.

On the Merc I have the switch in the circuit so that I can use the high beams with or without the driving lights.

Why would you want to use the high beams without the driving lights, you might ask. Well, last night it was snowing & blowing as I started a two hour drive and got worse as time & miles went on. The driving lights were worthless as they reflected even more snow back at my eyes. Not near as bad with just the high beams.
So, I was able to turn off the driving lights and still use the high beams.
Thats just about the only time I was happy the driving lights had their own switch.

Although I think driving beams should always be controlled by the high beam wire.
Safe for you, (only one switch to hit when dimming) and you dont blind someone cause you didnt turn off the driving beams.

Thanks bill.:thumbsup: I drive down a couple of dark roads,& they are known for having alot of deer around. plus they'll help out when i get a fire call & need the extra light out in the middle of some field.:D

Back