keep factory power antenna down

eguiyab

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Limited
i have a 95 limited with mach sound..
everytime i play a tape or cd the antenna still stays up, not that it matters much but i would rather have it stay down when listening to tape or cd.... which is almost all the time.....does anyone know how to keep the power antenna down......while listening to cds or tapes ?? right now the sound system is fully stock..... any idea's ???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not sure why you would care if the antenna is up but you could possible wire in some type of switch but I think that would just be a waste of time. I've also heard that the wiring of the power antenna is weird. It is more complicated than just a power and ground connection.

Steve

Just put the switch inline and be done with it. Make sure it's a switch that can handle the 5 volts of power for the Ford antennae. I think it's 5 volts... I think you can decipher which wire it is at

Streetdreams.net and find which color it is. Similarly, you can click on my link, and on my webpage, I have truck links with info on which it is. I'm just too tired to look right now.

Jon

I wish my antenna went down.

Does anyone know if those little short rubber replacement ones about 1 foot long work well? It's the one with the little ball at the bottom, I think. Better or worse than the plain ol' antennae?

to keep the antenna down, just wire in a toggle switch to interrupt the wire. to find the right wire (since the wiring is different) take off the passenger side rear panel back in the cargo area. there you will find the factory amps along with a smaller pasty white box. off of this box will be 3-5 wires just test these with a meter to find out which one it is. if I remember right it is orange with a stripe of some color, but just guessing.

Back