Key Chain Remote -Anti Theft -Key Pad No Longer Work | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Key Chain Remote -Anti Theft -Key Pad No Longer Work

That is how I installed them. I always disconnect the battery when working on the electronics. I had taken a battery to PAP when I first got the door and hooked it up to the car to make sure it all worked. The light came on then, but now its not. I don't think it would be the RAP module itself since I checked the voltage on the wiring to the actual bulb and it registers. If I didn't bust the bulb, there is always the possibility that I damaged the keypad itself. I will post again for it when I go to PAP soon(ish). I am trying to get caught up on my papers. I have been neglecting college for car work lately.

Keyless entry

My wife recently developed a problem with her 01 exporer. All the door actuators have been cycling repeatedly but the locks do not move. The key fob, interior switches, or exterior key pad all do not work or cycle the locks but hitting any button causes the lock actiuators to cycle. I've checked all the fuses and everything looks good. When i stand back by where the rap module is located (left rear qtr pnl) i can hear what i think may be the rap module cycle or click when i hit the fob lock/unlock buttons.
So my question is, does this sound symptomatic of a damaged or faulty RAP module or a relay or something else?

Back