Key fob and TPMS are tango uniform, 2014 PIU | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Key fob and TPMS are tango uniform, 2014 PIU

Inter-scepter

Reaction score
City, State
Wilson NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer PIU
2014 PIU, from Raleigh PD (if that's relevant - probably not), the remote key fobs don't work and it throws an error for the TPMS system. I took it to the local Ford dealership to have these issues addressed and after about 90 minutes wait time they told me they couldn't figure out the problem and I would need to take it back and drop it off for them to take another whack at it (probably involving a BFH). I then tried to program the key fobs using the procedure outlined in the owner's manual but that didn't work. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the response, it's been a while so I hope this is still an active member - it's been an... interesting... few months for yours truly. Judging by your attachment I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the tpms receiver is MIA. I'm going to try to upload a photo of what I've got in that area - I'm not conversant at all with practices and protocols for on-line forums so hopefully it'll work, but basically I've got 4 electrical connectors swinging dick from the bottom of the center console - 2 small ones and 2 bigger multi-pin ones. Now, to clarify, when I say console I mean the front console - sadly, but apparently par for the course when buying decommissioned LE vehicles - the CENTER console is gone, which is another situation, I would love to learn of a good source for a replacement console for the 'Scepter. There's actually a box-style beam that comes from beneath the rear bench seats with two flanges at the front of it which I guess is the rear attachment point for the center console.

dongles1.jpg

Back