• Register Today It's free!

Key FOB cover

brent.l

Reaction score
City, State
Memphis, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Explorer
This seems petty, but I am looking for a key FOB cover for my X Limited with the Smart Key/Intelligent Access key. I have had key fob covers on my last couple and they helped prevent damage. Any suggestions here? I can’t seem to find one for the ’11 Explorer yet.

2011-ford-Explorer-new-key-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I used a zip-loc sandwich bag.

Last edited:

Too pricey...know of anything cheaper?

Sorry bringing this thread back from the dead but I have a small bit of new information.

I, too, am looking for a key fob cover for my smart key and have discovered a custom one on ebay. Only one small problem, it only comes in pink! I have emailed the guy and asked if any other colors are available, but no response yet.

Anyone else have luck anywhere else? This is the only custom one I could find.

The ebay link is here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacketstore said mid May last month.

Just heard back from the vendor via email.

A black cover coming in "3 to 4 weeks".

This seems petty, but I am looking for a key FOB cover for my X Limited with the Smart Key/Intelligent Access key. I have had key fob covers on my last couple and they helped prevent damage. Any suggestions here? I can’t seem to find one for the ’11 Explorer yet.

2011-ford-Explorer-new-key-1.jpg
Contacted The Jacket Store 866-259-0877 and orederd the Explorer Keyless Fob Cover. They now have them in all regular colors for $6.99
The web site has not been updated as of today but they will fill your order if you call them direct.

Thanks ronninco for the update.I've been checking the web site every week.
Just ordered two by phone.:D Gentleman said should be on web site by end of day.

They are on the website now. Just ordered two!

Do these fit the '13 as well? The web page only lists the '12. Is the remote the same on the 12s and 13s?

Don't know, is the same remote as pictured? They do answer email promptly!

Yes they fit the '13, I have 2.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back