keyless entry and remote start install | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

keyless entry and remote start install

huntinggunsa

Reaction score
City, State
caledonia, Mississippi
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 xlt,'91 edie,'92 edi
does anybody have a diagram of the wires I need to know for installation of a remote start and keyless entry and what colors they are?

thankyou
curtis

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry to hijack the thread ...

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have a related question ... I'm getting ready to order a remote start system and I need to know if the Explorer has a "Reverse Polarity Door Locks"?

I installed 2 remote starts in 1st gen and I believe they are reverse polarity I had to buy some additional relays for the remote door locks to work.

Did you get the wire diagrams you needed? I have them printed out in a folder that I saved.

Not sure if this changed between 1st & 2nd Gen, but I will be installing on a 2nd Gen (97 V8 AWD). The optional relay harness is only $7, so I will just go ahead and get in anyway ... small price to pay for peace of mine ;)

Any tips on install?

Well after doing one install I found it easier to identify the wires I needed to splice into and then mark them with tape I also wrote what color wire from the kit had to be spliced into the wire made it a snap for install.

What I mean is I left a long tail of tape so I could write on the tape what wires needed to be spliced into the wire.

yes the door locks are reverse polarity. got mine installed and everything works great. :D

Back